0411 No BBM yet /yawn

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It's getting late in the day in North America, so I have a feeling we won't be seeing it today. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

Posted via Android Central App

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It's getting late in the day in North America, so I have a feeling we won't be seeing it today. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

It's 'early' again here in the UK and Saturday came and went. Other than some lame half hearted tweets from BBM there is no news, nothing.
Will it arrive Sunday? Or will the flawless launch on iOS just a day after iPhone 5s came out just be all too convenient a coincidence for comfort.

Pfft, anyone would think BB was gonna sell out to Apple..... Lol

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The most irritating thing is that the company has offered zero information about what's going on. Of course, that's all too common for companies these days. When something goes wrong, they clam up, offering nothing but utterly useless statements that everyone on the planet can see through.

I can forgive companies having problems. We all have them. What I can't forgive is the complete lack of any real information about what's going on.

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The most irritating thing is that the company has offered zero information about what's going on. Of course, that's all too common for companies these days. When something goes wrong, they clam up, offering nothing but utterly useless statements that everyone on the planet can see through.

I can forgive companies having problems. We all have them. What I can't forgive is the complete lack of any real information about what's going on.

Totally agree. The daft joke tweets with no info didn't help matters. Joking about not having to wait outside, and saying not long to go.... Followed by announcements that it was live for iOS.

As a BB user its all too common to be left in the dark, but this can only damage BB's reputation outside its usual circle, just as its trying to salvage its name.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Just tell us something. Hell, if they just said they were having problems and would launch 24 hours late, I could live with that, and I think most other people could as well, but to offer nothing but snarky tweets is inexcusable. Who's running their Twitter account, an immature high school kid?

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Just tell us something. Hell, if they just said they were having problems and would launch 24 hours late, I could live with that, and I think most other people could as well, but to offer nothing but snarky tweets is inexcusable. Who's running their Twitter account, an immature high school kid?

Totally agree.

So in their own jokey childish fashion I tweeted this to them. Footage of their launch of BBM on Android...

http://m.gifbin.com/984990

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So it sounds like they've put the brakes on everything until further notice. Interesting that they also pulled the iOS app.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

anon(3896606)

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
So it sounds like they've put the brakes on everything until further notice. Interesting that they also pulled the iOS app.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

I suspect it will be up by 9AM EST (fingers crossed), however, the reason for the delay was the impatient users who installed the leak.
The leak caused issues, and now because of some BlackBerry has to pause the rollout to fix the issues.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I suspect it will be up by 9AM EST (fingers crossed), however, the reason for the delay was the impatient users who installed the leak.
The leak caused issues, and now because of some BlackBerry has to pause the rollout to fix the issues.

i saw their statement.

It sounds to me they discovered an unexpected bug thanks to the leaked version.

Either way this shows to me they weren't ready for prime time.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
i saw their statement.

It sounds to me they discovered an unexpected bug thanks to the leaked version.

Either way this shows to me they weren't ready for prime time.

There was a 'bug' for me but I didn't think much of it because I knew it wasn't the official release. I couldn't turn vibrate on and turn music updates off.

EDIT: I meant there is a bug as I've still got BBM installed and those bugs are still present.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
While those are definitely bugs, they wouldn't be severe enough to halt a launch. Whatever happened today was a show-stopper. I'm guessing that they discovered that the apps and servers didn't play well together. I'm also willing to bet that both the leaked apk and the release version had the same issue. In fact they're likely identical versions. It could be that the initial delay was related to the Play Store rejecting the app because someone had already uploaded the leaked version, but, as the leaked version was downloaded by more and more people, the engineers may have noticed adverse effects on the servers and realized that the release version would have the same effect. At that point, they'd have had no other choice but to halt the release until they can fix the problem.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If all goes according to previous blackberry launches, we should expect the release by xmas time. Next year.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So they said they'll pause the global roll out of BBM for iPhone until the Android issue gets resolved. And then will they start rolling it out for Android users or will they continue where they left off with the iPhone version? Need someone to clarify for me.

As soon as we are able, we will begin a staggered country roll-out of BBM for Android and continue the roll-out of BBM for iPhone. These issues have not impacted BBM service for BlackBerry.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non