Bell Galaxy S4 -

nohltoli

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking all over the internet on how to root my SGH-1337m, and there seems to be a lot of ways to do it. The easiest looks like it would be Kingo, but there's also CF Auto Root, Heimdall, and others.

I don't want to install a custom rom, just get root access. Is there a way to do it without tripping the custom rom counter (I don't want to use Triangle Away, but I will if I have to)? I've also read that Samsung devices come with the bootloader unlocked by default. Is this true with the Bell version, and does this change anything about the way I should go about rooting?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
And UJ95x actually beat me with the question I had in mind. 😆

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I updated to 4.3 when I first got it.

Then you're going to have to find a root method for 4.3, but as far as I know you can't reset the flash counter. And since 4.3 comes with Knox, that locks the bootloader

Posted via Android Central App

nohltoli

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so that means I can root it, and it'll work fine, but I'll void the warranty? Is there anything negative associated with the Knox counter besides voiding the warranty?

Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so that means I can root it, and it'll work fine, but I'll void the warranty? Is there anything negative associated with the Knox counter besides voiding the warranty?

Thanks!

Not really, if you can get past Knox you should be fine. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo