Made for Bionic screen protector alternatives?

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So, as much as I'd love to trust Gorilla Glass I put a screen protector on my phone. It came with the Verizon case & car charger bundle. Two problems with it. It only covers the actual screen area which I can deal with but the other issue is it's the anti glare type. It makes the screen look terrible! Are there any other good protectors out there that are made for the Bionic or made for other phones that will fit without trimming it down?

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to make a post regarding the anti-glare display protectors. Can anyone else attest to them making the screen look bad? I had planned on getting them, but now may be looking for an alternative as well.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
To me, it looks similar to when you get oil from your face on the screen and you get that weird look to the screen.

jimdibb

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree with moosc. Bare is better. My OG Droid is 14 mo. old and the screen is still flawless. And, the feel is so much better without it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: moosc

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, as much as I'd love to trust Gorilla Glass I put a screen protector on my phone. It came with the Verizon case & car charger bundle. Two problems with it. It only covers the actual screen area which I can deal with but the other issue is it's the anti glare type. It makes the screen look terrible! Are there any other good protectors out there that are made for the Bionic or made for other phones that will fit without trimming it down?

I couldn't agree with you more about the anti-glare screen protectors. I would see about exchanging them.

I have started asking and verifying that the screen protectors I am getting are not anti-glare when I am making my phone purchase.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like Zagg the last time I used one. I'll probably just get one made for another phone like the EVO and do the necessary mods.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I bit the bullet and bought an Invisible Shield at Best Buy. It seems that's the only kind they carry there nowadays.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the standard 3 pack of screen protectors from verizon with the phone. Slapped it on there and I think it looks absolutely fine. No issues with glare or really anything else for that matter, IMO.

Pur3vil

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the anti-glare and my wife has the standard on our bionics. The standard looks crisper. The anti-glare definitely makes the screen look pixelated, but it hasn't bothered me enough to change the protector on mine, yet.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the anti-glare and my wife has the standard on our bionics. The standard looks crisper. The anti-glare definitely makes the screen look pixelated, but it hasn't bothered me enough to change the protector on mine, yet.

Hmmm, I wonder if that anti-glare protector actually mutes the pentile grid issue. LOL I may have to try them out just to see how bad/good it looks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87