Installing App data to sd.

nerdstaz#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to utilize the sd for apps and app data storage with root? Currently the sd card is pretty useless. Applications like Rhapsody can't download to anything but the 8 gig media partition. Then larger games, like Dungeon Hunter or Crusade of Destiny, have to install their rather large data packs to this same directory. Putting it on the sd renders the app useless. In the application settinhs you can only move to phone or move to media.

Any help is appreciated.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to utilize the sd for apps and app data storage with root? Currently the sd card is pretty useless. Applications like Rhapsody can't download to anything but the 8 gig media partition. Then larger games, like Dungeon Hunter or Crusade of Destiny, have to install their rather large data packs to this same directory. Putting it on the sd renders the app useless. In the application settinhs you can only move to phone or move to media.

Any help is appreciated.

Titanium backup has the ability to move apps to the sd card. Though I haven't tried it myself because of the large amount of space internally. I was able to fit most of my apps on my Droid 1 with 256MB of memory. I never needed 800+ apps like some others.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nerdstaz#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Titanium backup has the ability to move apps to the sd card. Though I haven't tried it myself because of the large amount of space internally. I was able to fit most of my apps on my Droid 1 with 256MB of memory. I never needed 800+ apps like some others.

The issue isn't apps, it's app data. You have 4 gigs to install applications, that is a large amount; however, the problem lies in app data. A few games will eat up the 8 gig storage relatively fast.

Another issue is, the current method renders a 32 gig micro SD rather useless. Your camera doesn't save photos on the card. So all it is good for is recording video and storing media from your PC. I personally do not have a need for that. So basically, my 32 gig card is useless. I would like to use it to install games to it. Some games like Zenonia, Dungeon Hunter 2 HD, Crusade of Destiny...and I could keep going ...take hundreds of MBs and sometimes close to a gig of data fora single install. The 8 gigs will get mulched up pretty fast!

If I root, will this be fixed? Or will the eventual CM7 fix it? That's what I need to know.

Thanks.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
In camera settings change from internal to SD card. Its up to app devoloers to make the app data. Use SD card. Some all ready have it. Some don't.
The issue isn't apps, it's app data. You have 4 gigs to install applications, that is a large amount; however, the problem lies in app data. A few games will eat up the 8 gig storage relatively fast.

Another issue is, the current method renders a 32 gig micro SD rather useless. Your camera doesn't save photos on the card. So all it is good for is recording video and storing media from your PC. I personally do not have a need for that. So basically, my 32 gig card is useless. I would like to use it to install games to it. Some games like Zenonia, Dungeon Hunter 2 HD, Crusade of Destiny...and I could keep going ...take hundreds of MBs and sometimes close to a gig of data fora single install. The 8 gigs will get mulched up pretty fast!

If I root, will this be fixed? Or will the eventual CM7 fix it? That's what I need to know.

Thanks.

nerdstaz#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Incorrect. On most phones this holds true, but on the Bionic the, sd card is the 8 gig partition. The sd card is sd-ext. So apps that support sd card, such as large games, install to the internal partition with no option for the sd-ext.

So no one knows if the rooting community will fix this?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There is a flip flop hack that swapssd cards
Incorrect. On most phones this holds true, but on the Bionic the, sd card is the 8 gig partition. The sd card is sd-ext. So apps that support sd card, such as large games, install to the internal partition with no option for the sd-ext.

So no one knows if the rooting community will fix this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch