Switch carrier on Verizon Bionic?

nailz99

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry of this is a silly question. I ran MotoFail and then installed Eclipse v3.0 on my Bionic.
Can I now use this phone on other carriers, like AT&T?
I tried putting in an AT&T SIM prior to MotoFail & Eclipse, but said no SIM detected. If I get another AT&T SIM, is there a way to get it to work? Further steps?

Bionic
System Version = 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android Version = 2.3.4
Build Version = Eclipse v3.0

Thank you in advance for any help!

Last edited:

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a couple of articles about folks trying to hack the BIONIC to light up the onboard GSM radio (yes, it evidently does have one) to allow it to talk to T-Mobile's and AT&T's networks, but my guess is that unless you plan to make it your new hobby for a while you're probably better off just playing with this phone on Verizon's CDMA network and calling it good.

caliEskimo

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I'm EXTREMELY saddened by the fact that this forum has only one post and a depressing one at that!
I've been seeing alot of other posts from other forums that have claimed otherwise with the Bionic having dual radios, unlocking capabilities, so on and so forth. None of it seems true as I have gone through three unlocking sites that all have returned my money because they have been unable to provide me with a suitable unlock code to transfer carriers. I have also seen two or so YouTube videos that claim and show ways to properly unlock the Droid Bionic to both T-Mobile and AT&T but I have yet to complete the tasks required. Plus, on top of that, Verizon has "Blacklisted" me and will not allow me to use their services(Grandfather'd plan/excessive Data consumption) and will not provide unlock codes...even if you threaten with a civil suit. They are so swamped with people wanting their Moto handsets but with a more affordable plan that I assume that they get swamped 8am-10Pm everday, that they just ignore you and tell you that they cannot provide a PUK# or unlock code. In my case; since I was "Blacklisted", I am not capable to recieve my unlock code for my Bionic or Razr Maxx HD because I do not have a currently active account, A.K.A. "Blacklist." So, they have found a loop-hole to bar/restrict almost everyone from getting the capability to transfer carriers.....Once you dial 611 and ask for the unlock code, you will get a restriction placed on your account and possible bar from services(especially if rooted!).
Don't waste your time with this company, Verizon is a company like the former Qwest and are a gang of hustlers, scheisters and swindlers....I mean, cum'mon, 100$ for 2GB of data???? 40$ per mo/ just for USING a smartphone!?!?!? I go through 2GB of data in 2 minutes in many cases. Keep this in mind: Internet/data is the new age Oil/petroleum industry...it will NEVER BE AFFORDABLE AGAIN!
Good Luck Nailz99 and have some confidence Refugee! DAMN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa