So is the Keyone not coming to AT&T?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: So is the Keyone not coming to AT&T?

I know you didn't ask me the question, but there are a decent number of complaints over on the CrackBerry forums.

screen popped off on at least one

some people had a blue line in their screen

various keyboard issues from lighting to keys not working and/or the scrolling not working on part of the keyboard

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I know you didn't ask me the question, but there are a decent number of complaints over on the CrackBerry forums.

screen popped off on at least one

some people had a blue line in their screen

various keyboard issues from lighting to keys not working and/or the scrolling not working on part of the keyboard
Ah... Like most phones. Some people have issues with their phones others don't.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Ah... Like most phones. Some people have issues with their phones others don't.

Generally I would agree, but in this case, clearly their "launch" was a much smaller launch than other phones. Multiple people at CrackBerry and r/BlackBerry were not able to get one, and of those who did, there seem to be a decent amount of issues.

Based on that I would assume the % of failure seems high for such a small launch

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Generally I would agree, but in this case, clearly their "launch" was a much smaller launch than other phones. Multiple people at CrackBerry and r/BlackBerry were not able to get one, and of those who did, there seem to be a decent amount of issues.

Based on that I would assume the % of failure seems high for such a small launch
Ah. Makes more sense now. I hope they fix the issues as this phone looks promising

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yes there are some quality and control issues, and I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile is addressing those issues. I know for sure the couple devices (I heard about 3) that had screens pop off were replaced. I'm sure ANY device with a defect will be repaired or replaced. Any manufacturer has these issues.

When I got my iPhone 6, I bought it right from the Apple Store (thankfully) when they brought out the unit, and tried to turn it on it would not, it was DOA, so they tagged it, brought it in the back, and got me another. Took an extra 10 minutes or so, and I was not mad, this kind of stuff happens. If it was mail order then I would have had to deal with it through the mail, OR made arraignments to go in to the store to replace the unit. Again stuff happens! It's all in how the company responds!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Yes there are some quality and control issues, and I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile is addressing those issues. I know for sure the couple devices (I heard about 3) that had screens pop off were replaced. I'm sure ANY device with a defect will be repaired or replaced. Any manufacturer has these issues.

When I got my iPhone 6, I bought it right from the Apple Store (thankfully) when they brought out the unit, and tried to turn it on it would not, it was DOA, so they tagged it, brought it in the back, and got me another. Took an extra 10 minutes or so, and I was not mad, this kind of stuff happens. If it was mail order then I would have had to deal with it through the mail, OR made arraignments to go in to the store to replace the unit. Again stuff happens! It's all in how the company responds!
You should have been mad that the iPhone actually powered on lol jkjk but yeah, they should replace if there is an issue right out the gate. That's bad PR if they didn't.

hoytbowhunter

Trusted Member
May 8, 2016
Visit site

As long as I can get one unlocked directly from Blackberry Mobile then I could care less. But it would suck to not have some of AT&T services like VoLTE or WiFi calling etc. Like the Google Pixel.
I just received my unlocked BlackBerry today.. Love it
6ac6f17ac4157f1ab15f58013b9c0d64.jpg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

There's this Advanced Calling option in the settings but it does nothing or is blank when you open it.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, something I expected since they didn't even support the Pixel which is a lot more popular device.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm on AT&T. No wifi calling or any other enhanced features from AT&T.
This is not just for the KEYone, but for all devices. To do WiFi calling on any AT&T phone you have to have an app like BBM or WhatsApp that allows it. It is not a regular feature on AT&T.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

This is not just for the KEYone, but for all devices. To do WiFi calling on any AT&T phone you have to have an app like BBM or WhatsApp that allows it. It is not a regular feature on AT&T.
I don't understand. I have a note 5 and no app associated in order to get WiFi calling on Att. I just enable it in the phone settings.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

WiFi Calling is a feature offered by AT&T without any 3rd party apps. It's available on my S7E, V20, G6 and S8+ as a toggle switch from the drop down notification tray. It's just not available on non-att devices like the Google Pixel or the KEYone.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: So is the keyone not coming to AT&To?

Their merging to save Sprint from going under, Sprint sold a % of the company to T-Mobile, that's the only way T-Mobile was willing to Merge.

And here we are the end of June and no merger. So no, as of now both are now owned by two separate companies.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I'd say at this point it does not look good, BUT you never know!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch