Pixel 7 not charging from USB port?????

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday the Pixel 7 battery was at 7% so last night I connected it to my USB charging Power Strip, 3 USB ports on this Strip, but this was the only one connected.

The USB spec for the strip:
Each USB port supports 5V 2.4A, a total of 5V 3A (it will share 3A if you use 2 or 3 ports at the same time}.

This morning the battery did not charge, still 7%. Connected it to my 5w Blackberry Keyone that I use, and started charging.

Is there something about the Pixel 7 that prevented it charging from the USB port.

Comments???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that you connected the Pixel directly to the Blackberry, and the Pixel started charging off the Blackberry's battery? Or that you used the Blackberry's 5W charger? Or that you connected the Blackberry to the USB port on the strip and it started charging?

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, I meant after it would not charge on the USB port, I moved the charge to an old power adapter that was connected to my old Keyone. Ignore the Keyone, this power adapter is spec'd at (5v 2a, 9v 1.67 a ) and charged the Pixel 7 in less than an hour, fast charger. I am wondering if there is some reason why the Pixel 7 would not charge from the USB port that is working now charging something else.

I read somewhere that turning Off on the Pixel 7 Adaptive Charging might help this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not sure -- it's worth testing it with Adaptive Charging off. Did you also try different USB cables connected to the power strip?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, I meant after it would not charge on the USB port, I moved the charge to an old power adapter that was connected to my old Keyone. Ignore the Keyone, this power adapter is spec'd at (5v 2a, 9v 1.67 a ) and charged the Pixel 7 in less than an hour, fast charger. I am wondering if there is some reason why the Pixel 7 would not charge from the USB port that is working now charging something else.

I read somewhere that turning Off on the Pixel 7 Adaptive Charging might help this?
Heard about that also , worth a shot

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The power strip specs 3 USB ports, provide 5V/2.4A max charging current in one port at a time and total 3A/15W output. This is manufacturer's spec. Those spec make no sense to me. Can someone explain these spec's. According to this spec with one USB connected to the Pixel 7 that would provide 12 watts of charging power more than enough to fast charge the Pixel 7.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think what it means is that if you use all 3 ports to charge at the same time, then the maximum wattage per port is 5W.

Have you already tried different USB cables, in case the problem is with the cable?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos