The NEW Blackberry KEYone <Black Edition>

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The "Fun Meter" is going up a notch today because there is a new Blackberry KEYone version being released into the wild.

Crackberry Posted an article just less than a week ago saying there might be a all black version coming and it looks like they were right! It does have LTE bands for the USA & UK which gives some hope that will be coming at some point.

What do you guys think? Like It? Love it? Hate it?

BlackBerry-KEYone-Black-Edition.jpg
keyone-black-file.jpg

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I love it! I will definitely get a black one if it's released in Canada. Loving my regular KeyONE!

Was thinking the same thing! The standard KEYᵒⁿᵉ I would have been very happy with but if this is an option i definitely want it 😃

There were some rumours about it having 4GB RAM and 64GB storage but I'm sure this will be like the "Passport SE". Same specs as the original just different colour.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
On the fence, thinking of importing one, the 4GB is a welcome change.

But then this Priv in my hand is a constant reminder that I already gave $800 of my hard earned dollars to them and they abandoned support in less than a year they took my money, and I should not give them more.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Looks like the rumors were true. Black, 4GB and 64GB.

TCL needs to release these in the US, asap.

http://blackberrymobile.in/keyone/
http://blackberrymobile.in/specifications/

keyone_black_4-min.png

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Really excited about this because it brings a device that's right in line with the latest flagship devices all running 4GB RAM and 64gb storage.

Obviously the processor isn't the same and yes the screen is a little lower rez but still a high quality device that's well worth the price 😃

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Really excited about this because it brings a device that's right in line with the latest flagship devices all running 4GB RAM and 64gb storage.

Obviously the processor isn't the same and yes the screen is a little lower rez but still a high quality device that's well worth the price
All while flagships are moving into 6GB/128GB and likely prepping upgrade to O.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
All while flagships are moving into 6GB/128GB and likely prepping upgrade to O.
That's what's so funny about this phone. The KEYone isn't a flagship and isn't made to compete with flagships. It's made for email, business apps, calls/texts and battery life... not movies and games.

The words "KEYone" and "flagship" really shouldn't be mentioned or compared in the same post. It's like comparing apples and dump trucks. :D

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's what's so funny about this phone. The KEYone isn't a flagship and isn't made to compete with flagships. It's made for email, business apps, calls/texts and battery life... not movies and games.

The words "KEYone" and "flagship" really shouldn't be mentioned or compared in the same post. It's like comparing apples and dump trucks. :D
Tell that to the guy I quoted... he was the one who said "flagship". By no margin the KEYone is a spec champ.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
LOL... my mistake. Hopefully @Matty saw it anyway. ;)

Thanks for the mention. modifier :) I did see it though. Maybe i should have been a little more clear with my wording.

What i meant to say was. Most flagship devices today are running 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (or more) like (list below) So if the KEYone has 4GB RAM & 64GB storage it makes it fit in a little more with flagship devices. Obviously the KEYone is more a Mid Range device but its got some flagship specs in it. :) That's all i was trying to get at.
  • Sony Xperia XZ Premium
  • HTC U11 (some versions)
  • Samsung Galaxy S8

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
No worries. :D 4GB/64GB surely helps. Really, the KEYone should have launched with 4GB/64GB for the price. It's easy to add an SD card. However, many enterprise customers have MDM policies blocking SD card access, making the built-in 32GB all one might get. I suspect the decision was on TCL to meet a price point and they didn't poll enterprise customers in the process.

Hopefully TCL reads AndroidCentral and CrackBerry closely and realizes how many want the black 4/64 version.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No worries. :D 4GB/64GB surely helps. Really, the KEYone should have launched with 4GB/64GB for the price. It's easy to add an SD card. However, many enterprise customers have MDM policies blocking SD card access, making the built-in 32GB all one might get. I suspect the decision was on TCL to meet a price point and they didn't poll enterprise customers in the process.

Hopefully TCL reads AndroidCentral and CrackBerry closely and realizes how many want the black 4/64 version.
And a drop in replacement to 626 would've been nice.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
How can I get one in the UK?

If you wait a couple months, I have a good feeling it will come to the UK 😃

It's got the right network bands to work there. Blackberry know we all want the all black version so I'm sure they will expand it. Hopefully the "Limited Edition" doesn't actually mean only in India.

For now, best is to get a friend from India to send one over OR, book a ticket yourself and pick one up. Lol

anon(870071)

Trusted Member
Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

OR even 8gbram /128gb storage