Facebook in hub?

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I only used HUB for less than a day before disabling it but I think it added FB automatically when I installed the app and Google when I added my Google account in the Hub under add accounts I think. Adding Google account automatically added hangouts. To be honest though my phone was freezing with HUB active and has been running great since I disabled it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Berrywalker

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't use hangouts(disabled it), but FB in hub is fine. Just wish. Could stop Facebook from stalking me so much!!

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
When I added my Google account it didn't add hangouts...

Everyone else able to get hangouts in the hub?

Now that you have added Google hangouts after the fact, I would suggest unlinking your Google account and then re-linking so that Google syncs fresh. I had a similar issue when I disabled a buddy's calendar from view. I was still getting all of his events so started with a fresh sync and all is good now. It's worth a shot.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I talked to BlackBerry customer support. The hub (in android) supports Facebook, but not Google hangouts nor Facebook messenger. It was messenger I was trying to access.

They plan to enhance the hub to work with more social media, but aren't there now.

That makes me sad, as it means the hub is pretty useless for me. It doesn't work with hosted emails (that is, I want to send email "from" my own domain, but I buy email services through a third party, and the hub Wil only send from that address, not mine) nor with hangouts nor with Facebook messenger. So that leaves, um, texts, I guess. I haven't set up phone service yet on this phone, so texts are a non-issue for now.

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I talked to BlackBerry customer support. The hub (in android) supports Facebook, but not Google hangouts nor Facebook messenger. It was messenger I was trying to access.

They plan to enhance the hub to work with more social media, but aren't there now.

That makes me sad, as it means the hub is pretty useless for me. It doesn't work with hosted emails (that is, I want to send email "from" my own domain, but I buy email services through a third party, and the hub Wil only send from that address, not mine) nor with hangouts nor with Facebook messenger. So that leaves, um, texts, I guess. I haven't set up phone service yet on this phone, so texts are a non-issue for now.

I had Hangouts in the hub. I was seeing so many hangouts messages in the HUB from things I was subscribed to that it was part of the reason I turned off the HUB so I don't think what BlackBerry support told you was correct about HUB not supporting hangouts.

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I had Hangouts in the hub. I was seeing so many hangouts messages in the HUB from things I was subscribed to that it was part of the reason I turned off the HUB so I don't think what BlackBerry support told you was correct about HUB not supporting hangouts.

How do you turn off the hub?

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
How do you turn off the hub?

Just go to settings > apps. Then scroll until you find HUB click on it and select disable. It will still show under the disabled apps if you ever want to activate it again but won't show anywhere else. I think I also unchecked HUB from notifications under settings just because.

SeltzerWater

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

No. You're confused. You didn't have Hangouts in the Hub. In fact, what you've described as "Hangouts in the Hub" isn't Hangouts at all. In fact, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
No. You're confused. You didn't have Hangouts in the Hub. In fact, what you've described as "Hangouts in the Hub" isn't Hangouts at all. In fact, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

OK then

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
It could have been Google+ or. Facebook.

yeah it was Google+ my mistake. I had to reactivate HUB to figure that out. I only had it running for a short time and some of the people I message through hangouts I'm also subscribed to so that was where I apparently they got confused.

SeltzerWater

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
yeah it was Google+ my mistake. I had to reactivate HUB to figure that out. I only had it running for a short time and some of the people I message through hangouts I'm also subscribed to so that was where I apparently they got confused.

You're still confused. The Hub does not have Google+. Are you talking about email???

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
You're still confused. The Hub does not have Google+. Are you talking about email???

I don't know. I just re-enabled hub with my google account and now I see messages that say google+ as pictured. Am I confused? maybe but it doesn't matter because I don't use hub but I definitely see messages that say google+ so I guess I can see why i'd be confused. I do see that facebook auto connected though before I disabled the hub again.

Attachments

• 3531.jpg
    3531.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 21

SeltzerWater

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't know. I just re-enabled hub with my google account and now I see messages that say google+ as pictured. Am I confused? maybe but it doesn't matter because I don't use hub but I definitely see messages that say google+ so I guess I can see why i'd be confused. I do see that facebook auto connected though before I disabled the hub again.

Yes. That's EMAIL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch