New Charge owner... Advice

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Do i need the extended battery? i just got this after dumping the thunderbolt and am still feeling out the charge. So far i love it.

Need some advice with:
Do i need extended battery?
What is a good case? for extended or stock?
Any tips tricks to know about this phone?
Should i use a screen protector?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I really recommend the Verizon kickstand case. I love mine and I am sure you will appreciate it since the Thunderbolt had one built in. Also I don't have a screen protector. I really don't like the way they look or feel. It is guerilla glass and if you get the case there are no worries. I drop mine all the time no problem.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I really recommend the Verizon kickstand case. I love mine and I am sure you will appreciate it since the Thunderbolt had one built in. Also I don't have a screen protector. I really don't like the way they look or feel. It is guerilla glass and if you get the case there are no worries. I drop mine all the time no problem.

if you can find screen protector in a flea market that has been there forever get them to place a screen protector on it.. the ones from Verizon are so thick that once removed it will stand up straight as an arrow ,, thick stiff, foggy and takes away the amoled screens features that excell all others...

also do get a ruber casing that does not cover the face but in case it is dropped on any flat surface it will not break..

back when we paid 50 for replacement due to some human error it was go ahead do your own thing but now that 90 bucks is hard to come by.. (89 just as well say 90) it covers back, sides, upper and lower ends of phone..

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Charge family. I also second the Verizon kickstand case. It is a good case and keeps the phone securely in the holster. I do have a screen protector on mine because I work in a very dirty shop. I don't find that I even get close to needing the extended battery. I can get 18+ hours easy with moderate usage. The last thing I will say is..........ROOT!!! You will hear that from alot of the guys on here and it is the way to go.

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Do i need the extended battery? i just got this after dumping the thunderbolt and am still feeling out the charge. So far i love it.

Need some advice with:
Do i need extended battery?
What is a good case? for extended or stock?
Any tips tricks to know about this phone?
Should i use a screen protector?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Screen Protector: Can't say it affected the screen's brilliance but it does tactically feel different. I may remove it.

The Verizon protector/kickstand case is kinda nice. A little more protection and the kickstand BUT you can't drop in the Verizon cradle or car mount without removing it. Also, not too big a fan of the belt holster it snaps into. It's plastic and thus stiff and sticks a half inch over the belt line. I may dump it and get a nice leather holster.

Extended battery: Usual answer. It depends. In my experience the things I do daily that tap the battery the most are streaming my Slingbox (screen, heavy processor, 4g data) and secondly Mobile Hotspot. Neither of which I will do over 10-15 minutes without plugging in. That said, if I don't o these two things or Mobile Hotspot a few times at 30 minutes or less each time, I can make it easily through a day with normal other uses, email, web browsing, etc. So I have no interest in the extended battery. Also, I bought the desk cradle which comes with an additional battery so if I'm worried about battery, I carry the spare with me.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
To me the battery life is almost as good as any other Android device has been. Case wise the Trident Aegis is the best available. I have used 4 different cases and none could compare to the protection and look that the Aegis has.

PeterDLai

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
To me the battery life is almost as good as any other Android device has been. Case wise the Trident Aegis is the best available. I have used 4 different cases and none could compare to the protection and look that the Aegis has.

Are the silicone parts of it lint/dust magnets? I had a silicone case for an old iPod nano that picked up lint/dust like no other and have avoided anything silicone since. :)

wayneis

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the Trident Kraken II and have had no problems with it attracting dust and lint. Not sure if they do something special or not but I love this case. It has belt clip and the little flip out stand. Great case.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
well I don't have the Charge but I do have the TB and the screen protector I have is from Verizon. It isn't dull looking or thick. It doesn't interfere with the full functioning of the touch screen awesomeness. It is protecting the screen. I had the ghost armour on my Incredible. Have thought about having it put on the TB but for now, the screens from Verizon are fine.

I do recommend a screen protector for any phone.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I keep my Charge safe and sound in my awesome OtterBox defender case. Yes it made it bigger but I work with juvenile delinquents and need the assurance of the case. Besides it has a built in screen protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87