MHL adapter for galaxy S4 Active

appleisbad

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone has a had a problem hooking up via mhl to a vizio smart tv? I have the 11 pin mhl adapter (samsung brand) and am showing a no signal black screen on my 42 vizio led smart tv. Yes the tv is set on the right hdmi input. My mhl adapter works fine on all my other tvs. except the 42 vizio smart tv.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone has a had a problem hooking up via mhl to a vizio smart tv? I have the 11 pin mhl adapter (samsung brand) and am showing a no signal black screen on my 42 vizio led smart tv. Yes the tv is set on the right hdmi input. My mhl adapter works fine on all my other tvs. except the 42 vizio smart tv.

Welcome to the forums.
Dumb question: Is your connection device in 2 separate pieces? I have seen HDMI connectors from Sammy that have the general hook up and an MHL adapter piece with it.

appleisbad

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It is a 2 piece adapter. It originally came with my infuse 4g. I bought the micro usb 5 pin to 11 pin adapter so would work on my s4 active. Also have original usb charger to power the mhl. I know it works because I have had working on 3 other (non smart) tv's. I have contacted Vizio to see if they could help and the kid over tech support, told me there is absolutely no way to mirror a phone on the tv. I automatically said thank you and hung up because I knew they would be no help!! The CEC setting ( on tv) on the hdmi inputs even recognize that a mhl device is plugged in. But no go on picture or sound.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It is a 2 piece adapter. It originally came with my infuse 4g. I bought the micro usb 5 pin to 11 pin adapter so would work on my s4 active. Also have original usb charger to power the mhl. I know it works because I have had working on 3 other (non smart) tv's. I have contacted Vizio to see if they could help and the kid over tech support, told me there is absolutely no way to mirror a phone on the tv. I automatically said thank you and hung up because I knew they would be no help!! The CEC setting ( on tv) on the hdmi inputs even recognize that a mhl device is plugged in. But no go on picture or sound.

Posted via Android Central App

Try with out the 5 to 11 pin?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38