In serious need of help

jonnylemons

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My goal is to completely restore my phone to how it was when it came out of the box, then to root it, back it up, and install a new ROM. Can anyone help? I have already done a hard reset and almost everything was erased except for some contacts and most apps. I already had my phone rooted using z4 root before the hard reset and I think it stayed rooted because I still have the superuser icon in my apps list. I also formatted my SD card and everything has been cleared from that. I'm getting frustrated trying to figure this stuff out so any and all help is appreciated.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
you're talking about doing an SBF back to the 2.3.20 default. Do you need instructions for that? or can you handle it? I'm hoping to do a complete step by step walkthough of how to SBF this weekend if you can wait.

jocko

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't need to SBF right now, but it would be really nice to see somebody that I deem trustworthy and knows what is up and what they're doing making a write up. There's some pretty good info over on droidforums.net also, but in my opinion the post is a bit... well I dunno, its just not very well done.

In related news, by any chance do you know if they've got an R2D2 SBF? In the rare occurence I would have to bring my phone in to a Verizon store, it'd be nice to have the reassurance I would have absolutely nothing to be nervous about catching that my phone was rooted and such. I can get most of the themebits back from restoring my backup, but the only problem is that my stupid a*s forgot to copy over the boot animation to my SD card, and all links I try to use to redownload it are broken. But even if I did have it (from either option) I still would have lost the boot animation.

Haha sorry about the extended writeup of my woes.