BIONIC available TODAY @ VZW stores

lseddelm

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I stopped in today to look if there was a demo unit available. I got my hands on the dummy model. It is thinner than I expected and looks sweet. I spoke with the sales rep he said they were activating their store model as we spoke. He said the phone is in the system and they would sell me a unit right then and there. I then asked if he would match the Costco deal and he checked and said no, but he would give me 50% off all accessories. I told him I would wait until tomorrow to get it at Costco, but for anyone wanting it today...go to a VZW store near you now.

Reactions: anon(392870)

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It definitely varies at the store here. The manager wouldn't even let me see the dummy unit. It is apparently still "super secret" until 9AM tomorrow.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I called my idiot store. I asked if they'd have the Bionic tomorrow (obviously, but, I thought I'd start there)....I got a "there is a phone launch happening tomorrow but we can't give out specifics" response. Um, what? Seriously? Wish me luck! I think I'm going to need it. sigh :)

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The local store near me in San Diego had them in stock and had a demo phone on the floor. They were taking appointments to buy the phones for tomorrow. I grabbed a 9am appointment. Looks like the Bionic will be my new business phone..

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
My store was getting theirs in the morning- they're in their warehouse and he said they would be sanctioned if they sold it today. they are putting one aside for me though.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say it is 100% out of the question, but even if a VZW store were willing to take the risk to sell it today, they may have problems trying to sell it to you depending on how it is set up in their system.

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I stopped in today to look if there was a demo unit available. I got my hands on the dummy model. It is thinner than I expected and looks sweet. I spoke with the sales rep he said they were activating their store model as we spoke. He said the phone is in the system and they would sell me a unit right then and there. I then asked if he would match the Costco deal and he checked and said no, but he would give me 50% off all accessories. I told him I would wait until tomorrow to get it at Costco, but for anyone wanting it today...go to a VZW store near you now.

I've spent all day going to all Verizon stores locally (NY, NY). I walked away with accessories but no phone. Apparently Verizon caught on in the past that employees were selling devices before launch so they have a new system now where if you want to buy from a corporate store the system says that the phone costs $9999, and it will charge you that much if you try to buy it. For authorized retailers, they basically threaten to not reimburse them if they sell the phone subsidized. :( Its been a tough day

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just tried my local Verizon store, and as expected they told me to come back tomorrow. I asked about a demo unit but they said it would be up tomorrow. Well back to my original plan of getting it at 9AM tomorrow.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think the OP is making this up. If they sold and activated it tonight, it would be electronic evidence that would get the employee fired.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the OP is making this up. If they sold and activated it tonight, it would be electronic evidence that would get the employee fired.
People have been getting them from affiliate stores. Maybe the op just doesn't know the difference between corp and affiliate stores.

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just went into a corporate store and they would not sell the device. I was able to buy the extended battery, the case that works with the extended battery with the kickstand. I also bought the car navigation mount. This would have come to around $150 but I guess if you buy a 4g item, there is a promotion going on where they are half off. Then, if you buy three accessories, they will discount each one 25%. Which brought my total down to $82.

I spoke with the manager to do all this and then he said he will put one of the Bionics in his office hidden until I get there tomorrow. -.-

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say it is 100% out of the question, but even if a VZW store were willing to take the risk to sell it today, they may have problems trying to sell it to you depending on how it is set up in their system.

Yeah, it's probably not "turned on" in the system. So if they tried to scan the bar code nothing would come up.
If for some reason this isn't the case, and it scanned, I would think this would send off some red flags back to Verizon. And someone at that store would have to answer a very uncomfortable phone call (and probably their last) from corporate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non