Apologies To Everyone

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Gives me another reason to axe Verizon. Last year I let them talk me out of a one year contract because I was told I could get a new phone 'every year.' Which turned out to be a lie. Since my company gets an AT&T discount perhaps I'll find them a more reliable business to deal with. Axing someone for the reason you specify in this economy is low.

Sent from my DROID X

As someone who works for an Indirect retailer selling both Verizon and AT&T I can assure you AT&T is every bit as paranoid about internal information as Verizon, in fact in my experience it is more so.

And as for upgrades (in both my own personal experience and what I have seen with customers), AT&T is not flexible at all when it comes to upgrades, however Verizon is if you ask nicely and talk to the right person.

Once upon a time in individual plan or the PRIMARY LINE on a family share plan was eligible for an early upgrade every year but yes that has been discontinued. Accounts which were eligible SHOULD still be able to take advantage of it one more time.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Gotta learn to be anonymous with stuff like that. It's better to anonymously pass it off to a third party to disseminate the information.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Even if a person gives out information with being anonymous, they can still get caught. It is really a rule of thumb in the corporate world to keep quiet about what happens within a company. It isn't proper for information to be given out. Younger employees don't think before they speak and they don't think before their actions. Learning from mistakes that cause a job loss is a high price to pay, but it is hopefully a huge and valued lesson learned.

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thank you to those who agree with me ! Glad to know there are those who know the meaning of "having a work ethic".
jude and live to ride why dont yall get off your high horse. i seriously doubt that this person really wanted to hear your opinion on his mistake.. he made one and he knows it and thats the end he was just trying to inform the people that crave the latest and greatest just as you do hence why your on this forum. no need to kick him while hes down. if you dont agree with it then to bad its his life he made the decision and obv he knows the repercussions. i doubt he needs to hear it from yall.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
for your folks saying this and that how he brought it on his self and so on gimme a break . its not like the guy released some big corporate secret that made verizones stock crash or something..... i have verizone because they have the best service period but they really need to get a grip i went in the day before launch and the girl would not talk to me about the phone even though there where commercials out saying its launching on the 8th ... the way this whole thing is turning out you would think this was gonna be the best phone in the whole history of phones or something witch its not. i personally at this point will lmao if this phone flops witch it probably will as it is really nothing special and this coming from a huge moto fan .

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
for your folks saying this and that how he brought it on his self and so on gimme a break . its not like the guy released some big corporate secret that made verizones stock crash or something..... i have verizone because they have the best service period but they really need to get a grip i went in the day before launch and the girl would not talk to me about the phone even though there where commercials out saying its launching on the 8th ... the way this whole thing is turning out you would think this was gonna be the best phone in the whole history of phones or something witch its not. i personally at this point will lmao if this phone flops witch it probably will as it is really nothing special and this coming from a huge moto fan .

It's not the specific information that was leaked but rather the principle of the thing. Integrity is integrity and if you agree (in writing or verbally) not to release internal information you need to respect that. Those that don't are sanctioned or loose their jobs and serve as examples to others not to do the same thing. Yes it sucks, but that is corporate reality.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
he most likley has a great WORK ETHIC seeing as how his old boss basically told him he is always welcome here . i guess you folks kicking him never made one wrong decision ever or maybe you have that deseas where the older you get the better you where and have forgot all the f ups you made . i personally think he has alot of back bone just to come in here and admit what happened to total strangers just to maybe help others . and not once did he cry about it being injustice that he got fired he admitted what he did and took it like a man whenever it blew up in his face . its no wonder he didnt have a problem getting his old job back .

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
How did Verizon know it was you?

I'd be curious to learn how the people at Verizon concluded you were the one who leaked the information? (Please tell me you didn't create the posts from a company computer or IP Address...)

While I know that every post on this forum is logged with the IP Address that was used to create it I hope Verizon didn't have access to that information. Is there some other way that Verizon would have been able to identify you as the source of the leak?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
As someone who works for an Indirect retailer selling both Verizon and AT&T I can assure you AT&T is every bit as paranoid about internal information as Verizon, in fact in my experience it is more so.

And as for upgrades (in both my own personal experience and what I have seen with customers), AT&T is not flexible at all when it comes to upgrades, however Verizon is if you ask nicely and talk to the right person.

Once upon a time in individual plan or the PRIMARY LINE on a family share plan was eligible for an early upgrade every year but yes that has been discontinued. Accounts which were eligible SHOULD still be able to take advantage of it one more time.

Oh I've spent many minutes with Verizon's csr's recently, spoke nicely and was rejected. One of their retail B&M sellers convinced me last year to go with a two year plan because 'I could get a new upgrade every year' anyway. So, they change their policy, long time customers are not accommodated.....no upgrade. Fair? They should have grandfathered us in. You might argue that it's a policy change and policy changes happen. Ok, so why should I believe another word of what these people have to say? Their word means nothing to me now. Bad argument? Not quite as it earned me a few months cut off my next upgrade. They realized they had botched this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh I've spent many minutes with Verizon's csr's recently, spoke nicely and was rejected. One of their retail B&M sellers convinced me last year to go with a two year plan because 'I could get a new upgrade every year' anyway. So, they change their policy, long time customers are not accommodated.....no upgrade. Fair? They should have grandfathered us in. You might argue that it's a policy change and policy changes happen. Ok, so why should I believe another word of what these people have to say? Their word means nothing to me now. Bad argument? Not quite as it earned me a few months cut off my next upgrade. They realized they had botched this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long time customers WERE grandparented in for one additional "early upgrade" (the term they used for the get a new phone every year) after the policy changed. I don't know what exactly your situation was but if your plan was less than $79/mo (meaning you were on the lowest Nationwide Plan and did not have the unlimited texting) OR you were the secondary line on a family share plan then you did not technically qualify for the "early upgrade" even if the policy hadn't changed.

[We should probably let this thread get back on topic before it gets locked. We cam tale it to PM or another thread if you want. ]

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: How did Verizon know it was you?

I'd be curious to learn how the people at Verizon concluded you were the one who leaked the information? (Please tell me you didn't create the posts from a company computer or IP Address...)

While I know that every post on this forum is logged with the IP Address that was used to create it I hope Verizon didn't have access to that information. Is there some other way that Verizon would have been able to identify you as the source of the leak?

I would like to know how they found out as well.

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Sorry about losing your job. Wish you didn't do it but its not a reason for others to bash Verizon as it belongs to them.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I have some good news, I was able to call up the boss from my last job as a Server and was able to get my job back without begging him. I just had to ask him what I should do to re-apply and if I should fill out another application and he just told me that I was always welcome back. The good thing is I generally leave on good terms with this being the only one I haven't.
So any good inside info/documents from your new job that you can share with us here?

Too soon?

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Please don't [repost the dox], not only would Verizon try and get it taken down it might also give Verizon enough reason to actually file a lawsuit against me.

I don't really think Verizon would waste the money to sue somebody they just fired, who is now working as a waitron. It costs hundreds of dollars to file a lawsuit, and thousands to have lawyers draw up the documents.

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Loose_lips_might_sink_ships.jpg

This principle is a good thing to apply in any professional environment when dealing with proprietary information, company policies, or even office drama.

Not that great for us, tech fans, who always want to find out secret infos about all upcoming junk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38