Bionic notification sounds...

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys. I came from the original droid. I am playing around in my notification sound settings on my new Bionic and all I see is just one blanket notification sound setting. Surely there must be multiple sound settings like on the original droid. I like having different notification sounds for my gmail, my yahoo email, my optimum email and instant message sounds. This way I know what kind of notification it is without having to look at the phone. I can't believe that this functionality has been removed. Am I overlooking this setting somewhere?

Thanks,
Chris

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I see that for most apps, but I don't see that for Gmail. Am I missing something? I see where you can tell it turn notifications on or off but thats it. I'd like to have it show the notification in the status bar but not make an audible tone which I can't figure out. My other mail (exchange) lets me do this no problem but the settings under Gmail are completely different.

EDIT:
Just found out how to do this, they kinda hid this but under the notification on or off setting in Gmail, there is an option for Label notifications and you can set the notification ringtones per label.

Last edited:

rykaimm

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my bionic and cannot figure this out. Can you share step-by-step details on how you did this? I want to see the new email alert but no sound and I'm stumped. Thanks! :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez