Getting duplicates of text messages

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else having an issue where they get duplicate text messages from senders? Its not every text message, but its often enough to be annoying.

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm getting that too, but haven't had it since I restarted my phone. Plus I'm just using the stock messaging without any other messaging apps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm getting that too, but haven't had it since I restarted my phone. Plus I'm just using the stock messaging without any other messaging apps

I am also using stock messaging. Did you pull the battery or just restart? Because I shut down my phone every night and still get it.

little_blaine

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I only had this when I received messages on my google voice number, and I had the option to notify me via SMS when a new message was received. So basically one message was the text message itself from google voice, and the other was the SMS notification. If that's the case, you should go to the google voice website and turn notification off.

jax_droid

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received duplicates but have sent duplicates to my concacts. This happened on my Droid X and my buddies Iphone. Just comes and goes with no explaination!

Galamir

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I havent had this problem. I have had it here and there in past phones. Could it be on the senders end?

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am also using stock messaging. Did you pull the battery or just restart? Because I shut down my phone every night and still get it.

I just powered down my phone. Got it once though after I did that so idk what's up...