They way I fell in love with my bionic!

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
First thing I did was root and debloat this thing using the root method on here, and Titanium Back Up. Right now I have the bloat frozen until I can find a current SBF for download (if anyone knows of one please reply, and/or PM me) Looked at the ROMs and decided none are up to my needs yet (although rumors of Apex coming to Bionic would be sweet if they weren't rumors), and so I stuck with stock ROM, and installed Go Launcher EX (customized to hell and back). Even froze the philblur laucher for I dunno OCD, and/or faster performance? ;) With that combined and my fav widgets I love this phone. I went from a Droid-X (Wife has DX now, and loves it. She went from my old Strom 2, so yeah) to the Bionic. Bout the only thing I use from the motoblur stuff is the social widgets. Yeah I know, but they do everything I need them to do. I like the Status widget, and the Social Update Widget. I only wish they had G+ support. Well that's my experience and with this phone. Again if someone knows of an SPF out (yes I've searched and can't find it), please let me know.

Also forgot to mention that the speed and battery life on this thing are amazing for the specs it carries. Never have an issue because of screen type. If anything it looks sharper to me than the DX, and hey...that's what I'm used to. ;)

Thank you, Android Friends.

-cm-
That's my two cents.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
First thing I did was root and debloat this thing using the root method on here, and Titanium Back Up. Right now I have the bloat frozen until I can find a current SBF for download (if anyone knows of one please reply, and/or PM me) Looked at the ROMs and decided none are up to my needs yet (although rumors of Apex coming to Bionic would be sweet if they weren't rumors), and so I stuck with stock ROM, and installed Go Launcher EX (customized to hell and back). Even froze the philblur laucher for I dunno OCD, and/or faster performance? ;) With that combined and my fav widgets I love this phone. I went from a Droid-X (Wife has DX now, and loves it. She went from my old Strom 2, so yeah) to the Bionic. Bout the only thing I use from the motoblur stuff is the social widgets. Yeah I know, but they do everything I need them to do. I like the Status widget, and the Social Update Widget. I only wish they had G+ support. Well that's my experience and with this phone. Again if someone knows of an SPF out (yes I've searched and can't find it), please let me know.

Also forgot to mention that the speed and battery life on this thing are amazing for the specs it carries. Never have an issue because of screen type. If anything it looks sharper to me than the DX, and hey...that's what I'm used to. ;)

Thank you, Android Friends.

-cm-
That's my two cents.

Glad to see you're enjoying it. I'm rocking the Th3ory ROM right now, and I'm enjoying it. It's basically stock with some extras sprinkled in, which I like (including debloating it, which saved me some trouble). And now after running the Powerboost script, I'm getting some big boosts in speed and battery life. I'm at 40% after 10 hours of moderate to heavy usage, and all data going through 4G. I'm also running somewhere around 30-40 apps consistently (lol I know a bit much, but I love apps XD). So far I love this thing, and haven't found anything to be too terribly annoying. The camera is a bit of a buzzkill, but I'm waiting on an updated camera app from Motorola to fix that, or just buying Vignette or something. The videos are good though, and the audio actually came out quite good when I recorded some local bands playing downtown...and I was right in front of the stage too. I was quite surprised to see how well it performed under extreme circumstances like that, and it will probably perform better if the audio onstage was mixed a little better (the bass drum was blowing out everything else, I thought that their record company's mixer that was there was going to beat the crap out of the person running the sound mixer for the venue lol). I'll be testing it out as a second camera soon, and doing a two camera set up, hopefully on friday.
I love the screen as well, it's very bright and clear, I almost never notice the pentile matrix unless it's very close to my face. It's especially good outside, where my friends' phones do not perform well (And most of my friends have iPhones...so yeah)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you're enjoying your phone. I almost took it back but, decided against it. I'm not sure if i want to root it but, I have launcher pro running on it and, found it to be the one I like the most.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch