Can't Update or Root, Plz Help

Otto45

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got my new droid bionic a couple of days ago, and when I tried to install the .893 update, it fails to install. It gets to the install screen after rebooting (picture of arrow coming out of the filebox) and fails about 1/5 of the way through the loading bar. After it reboots, it tells me that the installation has failed. I tried a hard system restore (holding down both volume buttons and power button etc.) but this did not help. Also, the phone is stock, as when I tried to root it with the one click method with peter's program, it fails on the third step. It's like my phone refuses to be updated or modified. I am on stock 5.5.886. Any suggestions would be nice as I have used up my bag of tricks.

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got my new droid bionic a couple of days ago, and when I tried to install the .893 update, it fails to install. It gets to the install screen after rebooting (picture of arrow coming out of the filebox) and fails about 1/5 of the way through the loading bar. After it reboots, it tells me that the installation has failed. I tried a hard system restore (holding down both volume buttons and power button etc.) but this did not help. Also, the phone is stock, as when I tried to root it with the one click method with peter's program, it fails on the third step. It's like my phone refuses to be updated or modified. I am on stock 5.5.886. Any suggestions would be nice as I have used up my bag of tricks.

as to the not updating issue,
the only thing i could do was warranty it out and now uppdated and rooted running .893 and i too used Pete's program.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Use 43V3R root to root. It should work, then you can apply the 893 update if you want.

Otto45

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I'm going to try R3l3AS3DRoot, and I will try the option where it restores, roots, and forever roots your phone. This sounds like my last option for trying to get the dumb thing to root or update for that matter.

Otto45

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, before I tried the 43V3R program, I tried to update my phone to .893 from my sd card. I put the update on my sd card to update it, and this also failed. Here is the error message I get:
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check (" /system/app/Account,A
ndSyncSettings.apk" , "cp45b08ebfaf946f9acda167e9112a50
f8e2a9ad: , "febb07caa791979d5f4954cef0db2959938ff248")
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I think there is something wrong with my phone, because it seems to reject every update attempt I have tried, and I have tried updating from the card twice and it has failed with this method too.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what is going on. Did you get the phone new or used? What does it say for your kernel? the 593 update should be around 55mbs. Are you installing through stock moto recovery?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Otto45

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought the phone new, and my kernel is:
2.6.35.7-g68606e6
hpn683@il93Inxdroid29 #1

I tried updating through the settings menu, and through the stock moto recovery via my sd card.