any way to gert rid of the stock text message app?

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i've got the handcent installed. i really don't need two apps doing the same thing.

i'd rather just get rid of the stock text app and stick with handcent.

and yes i have root.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I use bloat freezer free and freeze it.
I do suggest going into settings on the default messaging app and turning off notification before freezing.

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Handcent also has an option to "Set as default SMS." So with that, and disabling the stock notifications you should be all set! (that's what I did at least)

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I use GoSMS which also has the "set as default sms" feature, but I found that I still had to go into the stock text messaging app, go to settings, and way down at the bottom, uncheck the notification settings. That did the trick for me.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have a problem though with sending pictures on either GoSms and Handscent to some one that doesn't have that particular service...is this a known issue?

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have a problem though with sending pictures on either GoSms and Handscent to some one that doesn't have that particular service...is this a known issue?

Not that I've seen. I tend to send a lot of picture messages to my sister and she doesn't have GoSMS, just the stock text messaging app on her LG Ally. I also get her pictures without issue. Maybe you could email the developers? I know Go Launcher EX gets updated frequently to fix tiny issues here and there, so they seem pretty devoted to fixing bugs for people.

Reactions: CharlotteJacket

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87