Zumocast must be over WiFi?

CrackDeez

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to open up Zumocast as I normally do on my drive to work.
I go to click on a video and I get a new message "Wi-Fi Required for Video Playback. Video cannot be played over mobile network. Please try again when connected to Wi-Fi."

Music streaming over Zumocast works fine.

When I attempt to stream video over Beyond Pod, I do not have this problem.

Anyone else getting this problem?

***FIXED: I had put the phone in data saver mode. Apparently it will cause this to happen. I hope this helps for anyone else that may have had the issue.

Last edited:

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Zumocast must be over WiFi???

My zumocast has only worked over wifi since the day i bought it. Always says offline on the verizon network.

CrackDeez

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

My zumocast has only worked over wifi since the day i bought it. Always says offline on the verizon network.

Is your PC in standby mode? The PC has to be in normal running mode.
This app (other than my issue today) always works unless I don't get a data signal. My favorite most used app. I have a long ride to work, so I stream often.

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Is your PC in standby mode? The PC has to be in normal running mode.
This app (other than my issue today) always works unless I don't get a data signal. My favorite most used app. I have a long ride to work, so I stream often.

No, PC never goes to sleep. I even had a "motoexpert" working on it, but he never was able to fix it, Said they were working on an update for zumocast and never heard from him again. Id love for it to work on the verizon network.

CrackDeez

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

No, PC never goes to sleep. I even had a "motoexpert" working on it, but he never was able to fix it, Said they were working on an update for zumocast and never heard from him again. Id love for it to work on the verizon network.

I'm assuming you removed and reinstalled?
If so, try turning off your windows firewall as a test and try it.
Then try the same with any rules on your router.
Then try turning off the virus scan software.

Something must be blocking the connection.

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm assuming you removed and reinstalled?
If so, try turning off your windows firewall as a test and try it.
Then try the same with any rules on your router.
Then try turning off the virus scan software.

Something must be blocking the connection.

Its not the windows firewall or my antivirus. Still dosent work with both disabled. I cant find anything in the router that looks odd, but I dont know what Im looking at. What should I be looking for in the router settings?

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Weird thing happened. I had reason to believe that the security on my computer was comprimised, so I wiped it clean last night and did a fresh OS install. Reinstall zumocast on the restored pc and now its working over the verizon network? Who knows what was actually keeping it from connecting, but it works now. I did decide to go with Microsoft Essentials instead of AVG this time. Maybe that was it, but it would not work before with the avg disabled. Oh well, it works now.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
does zumocast mess anyone elses phone up? i will open it and stream fine but if i try and download something shortly after it starts my notifications bar disappears. no 3G no bars no battery no clock no blue bar. then when the slide lock screen appears the speaker slide is not aligned with the screen. when the download is done or i stop it the notifications bar does not come back, even if i shut down zumocast in task killer and the process. have to restart phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa