Bionic forum area quiet lately

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Seems like the forums in the bionic area are quiet.. Everyone get rid of their phone or something?

This phone is getting more frustrating as the days go by. Anyone else feel the same too? :'(

shieldsdb

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. Everyone was hot and heavy on this phone for a few months, then it just died (interest in the phone, not the phone itself). ROM development, everything just stopped.

My bionic has worked great since day 1. Can't say I have a single gripe about it.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just not much to say, that hasnt already been said lately. Soon as ICS hits our phones this forum will be poppin again im sure.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just not much to say, that hasnt already been said lately. Soon as ICS hits our phones this forum will be poppin again im sure.

Darn locked bootloader to blame I bet. The thunderbolt forums are still hopping.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I love my Bionic. Don't understand how you can hate it more and more everyday. My phone works great. I love it more everyday.

I see how you disguised your Bionic hater thread with concern of traffic in the forum... HA!

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Went thru 4 replacements so far. Hence why I am a bit frustrated with this device. Never had so much trouble with a device than this!

2 unit, speaker headset went out, 1 unit, will never have data connection, current one will miss calls and turn off by itself.. No rooting nor running crap apps.. complete stock.

So, yeah, Im become a hater. blame me? Maybe this weekend I will see how it will hold up at the shooting range.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My replacement is giving me the same issues as my last. I'm reading that the data connection issue is actually more of a Verizon authentication problem with their new LTE network which uses SIM cards. So the problem may not be with the phone. Still it's frustrating and I'm gonna give em a call f these problems persists and maybe ask for a refund or a 3G device, who knows. Either way the problems are unacceptable.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious as to why you're worried about the bionic forum if you hate the phone... hmm... ;)

One's like for their phone has nothing to do with one's like for their forum. And withholding comments like this will increase one's liking of their forum even more.

Sent from my Nexus S

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I still pop on every now and then, but now that I have the phone (which I still love) and I've got it set up and ROMmed just how I want it, I don't feel the need to post everyday. I've learned the ins and outs of the phone, so I really only check every so often to see what everyone else is up to and occasionally to see if I can help someone else.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I still pop on every now and then, but now that I have the phone (which I still love) and I've got it set up and ROMmed just how I want it, I don't feel the need to post everyday. I've learned the ins and outs of the phone, so I really only check every so often to see what everyone else is up to and occasionally to see if I can help someone else.

That's basically it. When I was moderating this forum before the release date dropped it was a madhouse. It will never be that busy again because people got their Bionics. Such is the pattern with every phone release I've seen.

Sent from my Nexus S

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Yeah...nothing much to post about if the phone is working good. Would you guys like to see a post every day with people saying nothing but "having no problems right now. Maybe 4G will drop a little bit, but nothing to big." Boring. Now if your 4G dropped for a long time (like mine did this morning actually, but it came back), then call Verizon, the forum can't really help you.

brainwash

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed the 5.99.901 update today. I had no problems with 4G before, except when the network was down, but it seems that I have better reception in my house than before. It's too early to say for sure, but battery life seems less bad also. Sweet extra bloatware too. I was happy to see that I kept my root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my Bionic for a few days but so far it's been great. Not rooted (yet, if I even decide to root it) and getting 12-15 hours on battery with moderate usage.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Went thru 4 replacements so far. Hence why I am a bit frustrated with this device. Never had so much trouble with a device than this!

2 unit, speaker headset went out, 1 unit, will never have data connection, current one will miss calls and turn off by itself.. No rooting nor running crap apps.. complete stock.

So, yeah, Im become a hater. blame me? Maybe this weekend I will see how it will hold up at the shooting range.

I had one Bionic, and every time I would call Tech support for help they would tell me to hard reset. I lived with the phone's crappy, powerfully slow camera, the decidedly poor 3G/4G connection and finally, the random rebooting. I gave up and got the Rezound.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I guess people are happy and quiet or mad and quiet with their phone. I like the bionic. I have had a few data drops. Some were verizon wide others were 4g drop. I just switched to 3g then back to 4g all was fine. 2 minutes hardly worth the endless eye jabbing with a screw driver and I want verizon to give me another phone seen daily in this forum. If you check the razor, rezound, and gnex forums they have the same issue so, the data drop is verizon not the bionic.
The latest update fixed the camera issues and for a phone the camera is great and fairly fast. I have no complaints with the phone at all. Plus this phone is a bargain right now. It has a slightly slower CPU than the other 3 top verizon phones but not that much. Plus there will be a performance boost when ICS is out. It cost $200 bucks with contract. When you look at the $300 phones on verizon what do they offer that is worth $100 more. A battery you can't change, no SD card slot, and bloated Sense that makes the rezound seem slower than the bionic. I bet you anything the bionic will get ICS before the rezound does, months before. On ebay this phone is selling for $235 to $250 used, sometimes less. That is a phone with no contract renewal or extension. How can you beat that? I paid $170 for it used not a scratch in prime condition.
I am overjoyed with the phone and I think it is the best bargain out there right now.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Seems like the forums in the bionic area are quiet.. Everyone get rid of their phone or something?

This phone is getting more frustrating as the days go by. Anyone else feel the same too? :'(

I still have my Bionic. But, my primary phone is the Nexus. I'm really happy with it.

I also think that Motorola has compromised quality customer service, good reliable and innovative products in exchange for saturating the market with extremely flawed and buggy devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk