DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ry, how do you like that nexus 7? Droid life posted a story about it being on sale for $99, and was thinking about ordering it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I love it. LOVE LOVE LOVE the size. Got it for Christmas. It's been perfect, no build quality issues or concerns that other may have had with the Nexus 7.

That $99 Nexus 7 deal was horrible unless you were planning on subscribing for the security software.attached to the deal.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it's about 10 days, which is about the same lag time as the ICS email --> soak. So, I thought it might be this weekend, but Sam mentioned last week that he predicted this weekend "at the earliest", so I guess don't count on it. Curious why it takes so long. If they send the invite out, you'd think they're "ready"...what are they waiting on?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's likely it'll start today. But that's not a given. It certainly hasn't been that long, though. IIRC, it's been 8 or 9 days since the emails went out.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
It's likely it'll start today. But that's not a given. It certainly hasn't been that long, though. IIRC, it's been 8 or 9 days since the emails went out.

Saw this post, 60 seconds later the updating icon appeared in my notifications, got excited, looked and it was just updating the Groupon ad... Darn you Groupon! :)

Maybe I should keep a charger on me today...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ROFLMAO. Look, people seem to have VERY poor memory on the timing of the soak emails. There were 2 batches of emails, both sent *LAST WEEK* and only 2 days apart. I said I didn't believe the soak would start before today and could be even longer. So far, no soak test, so.... :)

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I also remember that you get an email confirming that you're in the soak test and gives you a link to the private forum to list issues. I'll get excited once someone says they get that email.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I also remember that you get an email confirming that you're in the soak test and gives you a link to the private forum to list issues. I'll get excited once someone says they get that email.

Exactly. To my knowledge no one's gotten the second email. Just the survey thing. So I think we may be waiting a while before it actually starts.

kyshoe

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I received my "soak" invitation on Mar. 3rd, nine days ago. I have yet to receive the confirmation email. If I'm right the previous soak test (ICS) was started on a Friday. So maybe today
is the day? I wouldn't hold my breath!

Bob in Louisville

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
April 3rd, yes. :) And it's possible it'll start today. Or it could be next week. No one knows. I'm not even sure if Moto does. They're soaking an emergency maintenance release for RAZR M as we speak so it's possible the Bionic soak will be pushed back so they can get that out. I honestly just don't know.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd take that report with a grain of salt. The build is curious....I wonder what the hell went on there. I was under the impression we'd be getting 23 not 22. 22 failed testing. So uh, that's awesome. sigh. And the part that has me highly skeptical of that report:

Version: 98.72.22
Size: 98.72mb

Um, what? LOL

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd take that report with a grain of salt. The build is curious....I wonder what the hell went on there. I was under the impression we'd be getting 23 not 22. 22 failed testing. So uh, that's awesome. sigh. And the part that has me highly skeptical of that report:

Version: 98.72.22
Size: 98.72mb

Um, what? LOL

Why was there even a build 23?

Fortunately I was able to interpret these feelings correctly: loss of essence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo