Waiting for Bionic after Thunderbolt reviews

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
More so beta firmware Motorola still had time to get this device right. I'm just hoping they don't change their encryption keys if not bionic here I come will sell my fascinate and d2 paying full retail for it. Or ill just add a line not sure

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Lte on my TB rocks. I love my x but once you go lte its impossible to go back. If the bionic comes out before June or July as was forecast up until last week I will surely check it out. Once the TB gets a 1700 plus slim battery all will be good. I consider my liberty x to be super quick and the stock TB beats it by a bit.

Also read the ces reviews of the bionic both saying it was laggy pointing to blur or 512 ram.

Agree about LTE, it's fast and same price as 3G! I'm thinking about the 1600mah battery but wish a 1700 or 1800 slim gets made? I'm liking this Tbolt more and more, the SLCD is nice! I need to check out the Atrix to compare it's qHD screen since Bionic should compare, there are mixed reviews about that qHD.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I did the same - think it was my first time in an AT&T store -LOL. Other than the Atrix screen looking smaller I thought the screen was good. I compared it side by side to my Viphone and X and did not think it was quite as good/clear as the Viphone but a bit clearer than my X. I really don't need anything better than my X screen - its vibrant and bright enough to use in full sunlight.

I have no idea why they released such a small batter as OEM with the TB -- then came out with a 2700 MONSTER. All we need is a Droid X type battery - or the Droid Extended Slim battery that gives a small boost.

Have been tethering my my TB to my xoom over the weekend - instead of using WIFI - its that GOOD/Fast.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I did the same - think it was my first time in an AT&T store -LOL. Other than the Atrix screen looking smaller I thought the screen was good. I compared it side by side to my Viphone and X and did not think it was quite as good/clear as the Viphone but a bit clearer than my X. I really don't need anything better than my X screen - its vibrant and bright enough to use in full sunlight.

I have no idea why they released such a small batter as OEM with the TB -- then came out with a 2700 MONSTER. All we need is a Droid X type battery - or the Droid Extended Slim battery that gives a small boost.

Have been tethering my my TB to my xoom over the weekend - instead of using WIFI - its that GOOD/Fast.

Thats cool! I'll be checking out the Atrix screen to compare too, I love my X and yes the screen is great, brighter at same % than Tbolt. Main reason I'm not selling it yet. But the SLCD is better hands down, to me. But also takes a big % of the battery, always in the 60-70% range with whatever use I have.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I went into my local AT&T store to see the qHD screen for myself. I even had the rep put the Atrix next to an iPhone and run a video side-by-side. The iPhone's Retina display is definitely sharper and more crisp - especially when viewing text. But the colors on the Atrix popped from the screen and were clearly better than the iPhone's. I'm sure the smaller screens (Atrix 4"; iPhone 3.5") affect the quality, but I don't think we'll be disappointed with the Bionic's 4.3" screen when all is said and done.