Trying to go from 2.3.4 (EP1) back to 2.2.1 (ED2 or EE4)

codythibeauuu

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey. So, when I first got my Charge, I flashed over a leaked build of GB. Rooted, debloated and the EP1 version. After a month or so using that, it's become very buggy and data/cache wipes and resets aren't going so well or helping me.

Therefore, I'm trying to flash over a Froyo build (ED2 or EE4), whichever works. When I try flashing one of these stock images (non-rooted, stock) using Odin, it won't work. Odin says that the ".md5 hash value is invalid" and won't even start to flash over the file. I'm assuming this has something to do with the 2.3.4 to 2.2.1 conversion? I've tried multiple USB ports, battery in and out, and followed all steps for flashing with Odin.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get myself back to Froyo, or have you ran into this situation? Anything will help.

Thanks in advance.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is how I did mine....started Odin....plugged phone in and held volume down to get into download mode.....unchecked auto reboot.....hit PDA tab and selected my download file......put my battery in....then hit start...also have heard of USB cords being bad and causing issues so if you can try another one of those as well....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong here, but I thought with going to the GB leaks you had to use the PIT file to repartition before going back to FROYO.

Also, not sure that GUMMYcharged has the EE4 Radio in it, so going to ED2, doing the OTA to EE4 then rooting and roming is the way I would go...

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey. So, when I first got my Charge, I flashed over a leaked build of GB. Rooted, debloated and the EP1 version. After a month or so using that, it's become very buggy and data/cache wipes and resets aren't going so well or helping me.

Therefore, I'm trying to flash over a Froyo build (ED2 or EE4), whichever works. When I try flashing one of these stock images (non-rooted, stock) using Odin, it won't work. Odin says that the ".md5 hash value is invalid" and won't even start to flash over the file. I'm assuming this has something to do with the 2.3.4 to 2.2.1 conversion? I've tried multiple USB ports, battery in and out, and followed all steps for flashing with Odin.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get myself back to Froyo, or have you ran into this situation? Anything will help.

Thanks in advance.

when i rootede i lost over 70% signal strength.. so i used the EED odin file.. i found that the ED1 is a corrupted file. try getting a new DL or flash the EED thru odin.. worked for me,,

codythibeauuu

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong here, but I thought with going to the GB leaks you had to use the PIT file to repartition before going back to FROYO.

Also, not sure that GUMMYcharged has the EE4 Radio in it, so going to ED2, doing the OTA to EE4 then rooting and roming is the way I would go...

Okay, cool. I'm going to look into the PIT file idea. I know that the reason it's not flashing doesn't have to do with the method. I feel like it's more of a software thing that's holding me back. We'll see though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non