Can I flash any rom over the rooted gingerbread leak?

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Let me recap.

So to do this:
Open odin put stock charge into download.

Install gummy charge 2.0. Do i need to root before doing this? some people tell me just flashing gc2 will root for me...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me recap.

So to do this:
Open odin put stock charge into download.

Install gummy charge 2.0. Do i need to root before doing this? some people tell me just flashing gc2 will root for me...

If you ODINed to stock EE4 (or are now stock EE4) you'll need to ODIN CWM (see one of my previous posts for a thread that has a link to it) and use that to flash GC. If you ODINed to GC 1.9 then you can long-press the power button and select Recovery from there - this takes you to CWM and from there you flash GC 2. And it's true - flashing GC 2 will root your phone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok so you are on stock now. The easiest waload and place the y i know is to odin 1.91 from here:[ROM][EE4][ODIN]+[CWM] GummyCharge FE 1.9.1 07/21/11 - xda-developers

boot into the the OS completely. It will take a bit because this is where you are going to make the conversion to voodoo.

once you get in there download gummy 2.0 and place it on the SD card. reboot into recovery and flash that zip file you just placed on the card. then go ahead and fire it up and go into the OS

then we are going to you post above. Not sure if there is an update for the toolbox, but go ahead and give it a go. Then go into the toolbox and install the theme.

At the end of this, you will be on 2.0, rooted, have CWM, and Black Alien installed. Should take maybe an hour, if that.

As said a 1000 times. When you pull the battery to go into download mode, put the battery back in before you try to flash the ROM. 9 times out of 10 it will fail if you don't

sorry had a drink or 40 tonight but I thought I said something like this. Go to 1.91 you will be rooted with CWM at this point, then go into recovery from the power menu and flash 2.0 from the SD card.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I am on gummy 2.0..... SCORE! MUCH THANKS!

Now i tried to update tool box via TE and it wont so i just updated to Black Alien and it is downloading...

What is this kernel/radio/voodoo talk and should I do it? Let me answer my own question if it helps the operation of my phone I want to....how? Which thread or can you help me out?

Also what is the lagfix associated with gummycharged?

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
***update themed.

Why is there no clock in the top right corner of gummy charged?

Glad to see you got through the 1.9.1 download issues (I was actually trying to upload a copy I had, but it takes forever) and are now on 2.0! The clock appearing to not be there stems from TSM parts. You have to go to Settings > TSM Parts > Statusbar Settings > Text Color to change the clock font color (the default is black I believe). Once you click on/enter a color, click the center of the wheel to "confirm". Any changes you make to the clock font color won't appear until after a reboot. I haven't tried this, but I've also heard that simply unchecking Hide Clock works (or unchecking, rechecking, then unchecking again) - my gut says a reboot would still be necessary to see the change, but with some of the other statusbar tweaks simply having the phone rotate from Portrait to Landscape is enough to show the change. Check out near the bottom of this post for more information (although not much more) on TSM parts.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am on gummy 2.0..... SCORE! MUCH THANKS!

Now i tried to update tool box via TE and it wont so i just updated to Black Alien and it is downloading...

What is this kernel/radio/voodoo talk and should I do it? Let me answer my own question if it helps the operation of my phone I want to....how? Which thread or can you help me out?

Also what is the lagfix associated with gummycharged?

As far as kernel/radio/voodoo talk - you should now be running imoseyons voodoo kernel (it came pre-packaged with the GC FE 2 ROM) which has already converted your partitions to ext4 (that's primarily what voodoo does - do you remember hearing a robot lady voice after you flashed the GC FE 2 ROM?). If you came from Froyo stock, then you are likely on the EE4 modem - you can change these (through ODIN) as there are a few other options available, but in all honesty you should try each out for a while to see which works best for your phone. Some say EE4 is best, others say EP1W - regardless, for now I would say you are fine for leaving things as-is. If you decide you want to venture into a new modem, check out this thread - the second post (by piizzadude) has a link to the modem file for EP1W.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I switched themes from alien to minimal. I now have minimal status bar and black alien dock?????

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I switched themes from alien to minimal. I now have minimal status bar and black alien dock?????

If there were more things themed in the alien theme, they will carry over when you flash a theme which does not have as many things modded. You will need to flash the rom again in order to get rid of all traces of the alien theme, reboot, boot back into recovery, then flash the minimal theme

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

If you are using the gummy toolbox, if you switch back to the default theme (i.e. select the theme labeled as default in the toolbox) before you switch to a new theme, I believe you will at least minimize issues such as this. I think something along those lines is stated in the OP here.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the gummy toolbox, if you switch back to the default theme (i.e. select the theme labeled as default in the toolbox) before you switch to a new theme, I believe you will at least minimize issues such as this. I think something along those lines is stated in the OP here.

Ah, that's right. I forgot about using the toolbox to change themes. I'm still getting used to that.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You guys are great. I would be lost without you.

I want more.... this is just the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa