[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Had a couple random reboots over the past few days between my and my wife's phones.

Really odd I never get random reboots.i would check if lagfix is enabled. I would also see what common apps you use . If its neither of those things it maybe something on the network side causing it. I read on the TB forums they suspect it maybe network related.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
nevermind again. I updated it to 10.3 and it doesn't work with this rom. Should i just wipe my phone and try it again?

EDIT: That did it. To anyone Having the same problem, go into CWM and wipe your data and cache.

my problem was I was using firefox and I dont think that works with flash

flagg49

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So, apologies if I've missed this anywhere in the reply thread, but is there a way to get Hulu to work on Alpha 5 if we, for whatever reason, have flash 10.3? I tried downgrading it, but no matter what I do I get the "Hulu does not support your platform" message.

wyefox

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just converted to AB5 from ED2and it's Beastly! Thanks!

I'm getting the same Hulu error. I froze Flash 10.3 with TB, downloaded 10.2, movedto system/apps with Root Explorer and installed -- no problems with that. I'm also using Dolphin HD 5 with no problems. But Hulu still won't play....sorry but I tried!

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After installing Android Agenda Widget my phone started rebooting and completely locking up. Phone hasn't rebooted, locked up or even lagged since uninstalling it.

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey DX.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's how you made it but the list of available ringtones for the alarm clock in A5 is limited down to three.

The one I always used to use was Airwaves. Is there a way that I could find that sound bit and add it to the list of wake up tunes?

Other than that slight issue, phenomenal job on version 5. It'll take some time adjusting but altogether I really like it.

Edit: I also tried installing the Clockpackage .apk that you have in the OP, but my phone won't let me install it. It goes through everything and then it says "Application not installed" but gives me no reason why.

Last edited:

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I know I said Thursday but dude I have been working til' 11:00 every night and getting home around midnight...so finally I sent your donation to ya...THANKS DroidXcon!

Fizzymints

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Loving this Rom, however I am having a problem with it,

battery is dying fast, where as stock it lasted longer

it becomes very very very slow, especially when opening up messaging after a few times.

I end up having to restart to clear that issue up, but I will get a message, go back in to it and it will not respond for 30 seconds. Other apps begin to act the same.

I don't know that I have anything special on the phone, I have been using Lookout Mobile with it, but it was fresh and clean when I put the Rom on, installed a few apps (Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Quick Pic, Lookout)

I restored Verizon Sign-On Service so I could use My Verizon and have the Data Usage widget.

(This is Altered Beast alpha 5, with CWM 4.0.0.1, Voodoo Enabled) no other modifications
How did you get the Verizon Sign-On Service restored? I've tried searching for a way to do so but I haven't been able to figure it out :/

Dacrath

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Love the rom

Couple people have mentioned reboots, I have had 4 over the last 3 days.
I have had a few random reboots as well. Not sure if this helps, or is even related to the rom at all, but I almost always have winamp running. It is also most (though not always) when I am driving through areas that have 4g. I am fairly sure once was while I had an incoming txt. Hasn't happened enough to pin down the exact circumstances.

There is a post over at xda showing how to fix it the my Verizon log in issue.

[HOW TO] Fix My verizon Mobile app Error 305 & MAPS street view - xda-developers

Great work DroidXCon.

akutozo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I removed it, i didnt think anyone used it
Just wanted to say thank you for an amazingly well done job. I've seen a significant increase in the capabilities of my Droid Charge, as well as a smooth, clean feel.

I am curious if you plan to modify in the internal theme of the phone from the brown/yellow/orange approach it has? If you (or another member) have answered this before, I apologize... I did slip through about 20 pages of posts before impatience got the best of me.

I did see a mention about changing the theme in the original post... if that is the same as what I'm asking, may I ask what the color scheme would be?

As well, for anyone experienced, is there an easy way for me to edit this myself?

Thanks again to an amazing community. :)

Last edited:

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Really odd I never get random reboots.i would check if lagfix is enabled. I would also see what common apps you use . If its neither of those things it maybe something on the network side causing it. I read on the TB forums they suspect it maybe network related.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I've got both of us on LauncherPro (only because I like 5 icons across the bottom)... Maybe I should switch back to stock AB launcher? My wife just reported another reboot which then loaded back to the stock launcher (mine also does this) rather than LauncherPro. Sometimes hitting 'home' gets back to LP, sometimes I have to use Home Switcher. Either way, widgets get killed in LP after a reboot and have to be rebuilt. Annoying, but this rom is awesome in its smoothness.

Just need to figure out what's what with the rebooting and try to get LP to stick as default. Maybe I'll try ADW or Go Launcher EX as an experiment...

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have LP and I still get random reboots...any more shared apps between both your phones?

Oh, I use Go Launcher EX also. Still happens. Happened on the stock launcher too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699