[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Only had the phone 2 days but yes, I seem to be losing more battery than I should.

"Display" is my highest listed item, but still something else may be chewing it up. Maybe it's time to install spare parts.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Donations sent!

Everyone please do the same if you haven't already. People like these guys are what makes Android so great!
Thanks

Is anyone else noticing battery leaks? trying to isolate the problem it averages 1 percent or so every 30 min it looks...

so at 1% every half hour, thats 2% every hour so it takes 10 hours to drop 20% i can live with that leak lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Only had the phone 2 days but yes, I seem to be losing more battery than I should.

"Display" is my highest listed item, but still something else may be chewing it up. Maybe it's time to install spare parts.

Display will almost always be the biggest drain, turn down the intensity and take power savings mode off.

and it could be the service in your areay is not solid, signal searching almost always sucks the life from your phone

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems worse than that.

4hrs unplugged, on 38mins of "Display" using something like 70% battery with media server being second item listed only using 10% battery for 20mins. Battery was at 83%.

Can't be the display...I hope not. 38mins of display at lowest brightness setting can't possibly chew 15% or so battery can it?

Signal is 3-4bars constant :)

Please don't misunderstand, I am not blaming the Rom, Hell I've only owned the phone 2 days so I can't even compare to the stock Rom. LMAO.

Edit:

Power savings mode off? theory on this?

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I put SetCPU on my phone and it seems to have significantly helped my battery life. Was draining pretty quick, now it goes an entire day without needing a charge. Also keep my screen brightness at 1% inside and 50% outside. The auto feature off and also the power saver feature off.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems worse than that.

4hrs unplugged, on 38mins of "Display" using something like 70% battery with media server being second item listed only using 10% battery for 20mins. Battery was at 83%.

Can't be the display...I hope not. 38mins of display at lowest brightness setting can't possibly chew 15% or so battery can it?

Signal is 3-4bars constant :)

Please don't misunderstand, I am not blaming the Rom, Hell I've only owned the phone 2 days so I can't even compare to the stock Rom. LMAO.

No i understand you dont blame the rom. It could be the kernel but i doubt it. what is media server, are you streaming something?

signal includeds your data so if you are in a patchy 3g/4g area the hand off between them could be sucking you dry,

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't consider 2% an hour bad at all even if it is just sitting. At least not on an LTE device that is for sure. IMO if you can get 10hrs of use out of a full charge on the battery you are doing good when it comes to LTE.

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
No i understand you dont blame the rom. It could be the kernel but i doubt it. what is media server, are you streaming something?

signal includeds your data so if you are in a patchy 3g/4g area the hand off between them could be sucking you dry,

Media server was for streaming audio via bluetooth to my car during my commute this morining (20mins) phone sat in car's console the reminder of the time. 38mins screen on, 20min commute streaming bluetooth audio, 3.5hrs or so sitting in car idle.

I'll keep a close eye on things and if I see anything abnormal over the next few days, I'll start a new thread. I don't want to muddy up your Rom thread with these issues.

Thanks!

dlynch34

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

so at 1% every half hour, thats 2% every hour so it takes 10 hours to drop 20% i can live with that leak lol

sorry I mispoke in about 2 hours of no use it went down 12 percent...since my last post it has gone down 3 percent and I have not used the phone at all.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I put SetCPU on my phone and it seems to have significantly helped my battery life. Was draining pretty quick, now it goes an entire day without needing a charge. Also keep my screen brightness at 1% inside and 50% outside. The auto feature off and also the power saver feature off.

I'm using SetCPU also and it seems to have helped alot. Curious tho you using Profiles at all and if so what settings do you use. And also curious if you have used or set the Advanced tab in setCPU.

@DroidxCon did you happen to see my post back a page or so about My Verizon Mobile. not a biggei just curious is all

dlynch34

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

im not blaming the rom at all I think it may be an app I have installed I am going to go and try and wipe some apps off and try and find the problem out. But thanks for the suggestions!

killjoylm1

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I love the ROM and there will be a donation heading your way this afternoon. I was hoping that you could post the daily briefing app. I tried pulling "infoalarm.apk" out of the ED1 system dump, but moving it in to system/app, but it didn't work. I know that I can't add the widgets to launcher pro, but I was hopeful that I could at least open the app and see the information. Thanks!

0peth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey all been a long-time lurker both here and xda, my question today is one I cant seem to find the answer on....I've had HTC phones my whole life so when ROM updates came out I'd toss it on my SD card boot into CWM wipe and install, but with Samsung I learned that method does not work as things need to be flashed through ODIN under PDA, now my question is since this recently got updated...do I just install it the same way I installed the first version? Do I need to wipe any data from the phone b4 doing the ODIN update? or just mirror my first process with the updated file? Thanks!:)

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using SetCPU also and it seems to have helped alot. Curious tho you using Profiles at all and if so what settings do you use. And also curious if you have used or set the Advanced tab in setCPU.

@DroidxCon did you happen to see my post back a page or so about My Verizon Mobile. not a biggei just curious is all

Haven't used the advanced tab. I have had SetCPU installed for about 3 days now and I have had 1 random reboot in that time. That could be because of my screen off settings? Not sure, it hasn't worried me since it's only happened once, so I've just left it as is.

sg4x1z.jpg

Opeth: Install it the exact same way you installed the first time. I went from v3 to v4 using the exact same method for each,

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I love the ROM and there will be a donation heading your way this afternoon. I was hoping that you could post the daily briefing app. I tried pulling "infoalarm.apk" out of the ED1 system dump, but moving it in to system/app, but it didn't work. I know that I can't add the widgets to launcher pro, but I was hopeful that I could at least open the app and see the information. Thanks!

i havent been home so i have not been able to post any apks from my files backed up

Hey all been a long-time lurker both here and xda, my question today is one I cant seem to find the answer on....I've had HTC phones my whole life so when ROM updates came out I'd toss it on my SD card boot into CWM wipe and install, but with Samsung I learned that method does not work as things need to be flashed through ODIN under PDA, now my question is since this recently got updated...do I just install it the same way I installed the first version? Do I need to wipe any data from the phone b4 doing the ODIN update? or just mirror my first process with the updated file? Thanks!:)

install it the same way but listen to the robot voice if she says lagfixed disabled when you get to the red recovery screen sroll to voodoo option, then hit enable lagfix then battery pull and restart

Haven't used the advanced tab. I have had SetCPU installed for about 3 days now and I have had 1 random reboot in that time. That could be because of my screen off settings? Not sure, it hasn't worried me since it's only happened once, so I've just left it as is.

sg4x1z.jpg

Opeth: Install it the exact same way you installed the first time. I went from v3 to v4 using the exact same method for each,

i wouldnt mess with setCPU, i have not once had a random reboot with all the flashing and messing with the rom that i have done i would say it has to be that app

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh no, I know, as I said it's probably because of what my Screen Off settings are. If it continues to do it I'll be looking at it. Hasn't happened except once and that was more than 24hrs ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699