wifi tether

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
FYI, Verizon is suspending peoples accounts for doing unauthorized tethering.

Where did you read this? And how can they find out that you're tethering if you're rooted and using a third-party app, other than simply guessing based on data consumption?

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by rukshmani View Post
"So I rooted my phone, now how do I use wifi tether, or can you recommend any other apps, once verizon stops free mobile hotspot"

"FYI, Verizon is suspending peoples accounts for doing unauthorized tethering."

i've only seen this on leaked gingerbread builds, i think i saw a source of this over at Droidlife, which is just a leaked info website.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
well until the 15th it is authorized and I dont think they can suspend your account for not using their tethering app, it says free tethering until the 15th not free tethering with verizon app only

just sayin

bellison41

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Where can I find the app? I remember it was pulled from the market, and I thought I had it stored somewhere else but I can't find it. I remebered there were other options to DL it but I just can't recall them at the moment.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find the app? I remember it was pulled from the market, and I thought I had it stored somewhere else but I can't find it. I remebered there were other options to DL it but I just can't recall them at the moment.

PDANET says version 3.0 prevents you carrier from detecting that you are tethered. Don't know if they are blowin smoke or not.;)

June Fabrics PDA Technology Group

Probably if you don't go crazy and used large amount of bandwidth, it should be OK YMMV. What is the big deal? All you are doing is using your laptop's keyboard and screen right?:confused:

Reactions: bellison41

chromatosphere

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
What is the difference between using this and Barnacle (or other similar apps) on the Android market? I see it linked everywhere, but Barnacle works perfectly fine for me as of right now.

I'm new to the Android OS, so perhaps I'm missing some info that everyone is aware of?

I can't get Barnacle to work LOL.
I miss how easy tethering is from pure android phone. These work arounds suck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87