Want to get a RHD in a few weeks, any GLARING issues?

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have an upgrade on the 28th of the month. For all of the owners who now have had JB for a few weeks, has the update caused a glaring bug or issue with the phone as a daily driver? Anything I should be aware of that I wouldn't know from just playing with the demo units for 15 min? I plan on using this thing for mostly calls, texting, some news apps, a few games (nothing super graphic intensive mostly angry birds, and plants vs zombies), a music player, and possibly video streaming. Thanks for any help

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
The only real glaring issue was the purple screen problem. Seems nobody has posted about this for a while now though. Google it, should be an easy replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with mine yet. I got it on Black Friday, got Jelly Bean last week. Everything works like it is supposed to so far, great battery, things work smooth, durable (dropped it on the driveway with no case, only a small chip in the plastic band and a tiny scratch on the metal band).

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
JB has been out officially for 5 days. You should probably check back later.

Well it's because of the recent update that I'm asking now. I'm talking daily driver here, so I know that some issues may not surface for a few weeks, but they don't concern me as much as the daily operation of the phone does. And even still, I'm on these forums on a regular basis, so I'll read about any big issues if the do surface.

I went into a VZW store to look at one personally today and I must say that this device impresses me! It's a handsome looking device even though I'm not a super big fan of the kevlar design on the back. The front of the phone as well as the UI this phone has is beautiful and as far as I can tell, it's pretty snappy.

What I'm asking about specifically are things like:
- Does the phone ever stutter or seem bogged down now that is has JB? If so, when? After using certain common apps?
- Did JB affect battery life positively or negatively? I want this thing to last at least 15 hours with moderate usage and 12 hours with heavy usage.
- I asked about wireless charging at the VZW store today, but couldn't get a definitive answer. Does the HD have it?
- How is connectivity? I understand that this depends on the area people live in, but relative to previous 4G LTE devices, does this thing hold a signal well?
- Is the touch screen responsive? I had to tap a few things more than once for inputs to register about once or twice while looking at the demo unit.

Again, thanks for the feedback I've been getting, and for any future feedback to come! I really appreciate it!

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Spend the extra $ and get the MAXX HD...Amazon may still have them for $150 and Best Buy will price match. I'm not sure other than monetary reasons why anyone would buy the RHD over the RHD MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Well it's because of the recent update that I'm asking now. I'm talking daily driver here, so I know that some issues may not surface for a few weeks, but they don't concern me as much as the daily operation of the phone does. And even still, I'm on these forums on a regular basis, so I'll read about any big issues if the do surface.

I went into a VZW store to look at one personally today and I must say that this device impresses me! It's a handsome looking device even though I'm not a super big fan of the kevlar design on the back. The front of the phone as well as the UI this phone has is beautiful and as far as I can tell, it's pretty snappy.

What I'm asking about specifically are things like:
- Does the phone ever stutter or seem bogged down now that is has JB? If so, when? After using certain common apps? NOT THAT I HAVE NOTICED
- Did JB affect battery life positively or negatively? I want this thing to last at least 15 hours with moderate usage and 12 hours with heavy usage. SAME OR A BIT BETTER AFTER A FEW DAYS SO FAR
- I asked about wireless charging at the VZW store today, but couldn't get a definitive answer. Does the HD have it?
- How is connectivity? I understand that this depends on the area people live in, but relative to previous 4G LTE devices, does this thing hold a signal well? UNBELIEVABLE, HAVE HAD 0 ISSUES IN A RURAL AREA WITH LTE
- Is the touch screen responsive? I had to tap a few things more than once for inputs to register about once or twice while looking at the demo unit. ID SAY THE DEMO HAD TAKEN SOME ABUSE, I NEVER HAVE TO MULTI TAP FOR A RESPONSE

Again, thanks for the feedback I've been getting, and for any future feedback to come! I really appreciate it!

My replies are in caps...not sure about the wireless charging.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm on board with the Maxx if I can get it for a deal. Here's my question, if I buy from somewhere NOT VZW, like Best Buy or Amazon, what are my options for insurance and warranty? Will VZW replace a faulty device still? Also, I know that the date that MyVerizon says I can upgrade is not when my actual contract ends, but is in fact 4 months early, so will other places be able to honor that upgrade price even if it's early?

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I did notice an occasional lag on ICS, but Jelly Bean seems to have smoothed that out.
No significant difference on battery for me, I am a moderate user (Typical Day: 6-8 calls, 20-30 texts, Facebook, lots of pics/vids, several uploads to Facebook, email, occasional games, GPS, mix of WiFi and 4G). I go 7am to 11pm, still haven't seen below 50% on the battery, usually still have 65-70% when I go to bed.
I've only used it in a metro area, but I've not had signal loss yet

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I purchased mine from Amazon and still have the VZW insurance. I believe warranty is through Amazon which is why I suggest Best Buy. Your contract is the same everywhere, these other retailers are dealers, they do everything as Verizon does with contracts.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I purchased (Maxx HD) mine through Amazon. I still have the $7/mth insurance through Verizon. That didn't change because of where I bought it.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The rhd is the first phone I bought at Verizon and I have never had any issues with Verizon honoring defect claims inside 1 year.....this phone is great....I got the regular hd cause I wanted white and I can go 2 days at times....

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok! I'm a week away from my upgrade, and am going to try to get either the Maxx HD at BB if they can match the Amazon price, or the RHD if not. Now that JB has been in people's hands for a while, any new bugs? Do you think that getting a device with JB out of the box as opposed to upgraded OTA devices will make a difference?

I've looked through the RMHD forums and there seems to be a RAM consumption issue for some people. Anyone with an RHD seeing this? It would surprise me if Maxx owners have an issue RHD owners don't since the phones are identical minus the battery. I DON'T want a laggy phone. It's why I'm leaving my D4. It seems so lethargic when doing small tasks like opening apps, making calls from my favorites widget, and I get a ton of homescreen redraw.

Thanks in advance, guys!