4G issues

edklloyd

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I saw this in one other older thread and wanting to bring it up again. I am having issues with data signals on my m. it doesn't get 4g when my bionic sitting right next to it does. I am seeming to have a very difficult time data wise when i am not on wifi. anyone know if there is a fix for weak data/4g issues?

edklloyd

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly sure why this made a difference or if I did something else, but when I changed the mobile network setting from global to LTE/CDMA it seems to be holding the 4g signal almost 100% of the time now. It still does switch to 3g sometimes, but before when I had it on global it was almost always on 3g. any thoughts?

edklloyd

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, folks. I am at my wits end. was sitting in the movie theater last night with two friends of mine. one a droid bionic and one a iphone4. both had full 3g signals and intermittent 4g service. also using wifi. I was barely getting a 1x signal, no 4g or 3g on my razr m. bad phone?, bad sim? i am unfortunately past my 14 day period, so am i screwed if its the phone?

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to think this is something with the recent Motorola radio software...

I have a Thunderbolt and a Razr M. Before the Razr M, I had a Razr MAXX.

I use them side by side, one for work and one personal.

I used to get solid 4G/LTE *all the time* and rarely ever 3G on either phone but after the most recent Razr MAXX update I noticed my Razr MAXX would often struggle to stay on 4G/LTE while my Thunderbolt was solid 4G/LTE.

I bought a Razr M the day it came out to replace my Razr MAXX and it's 4G/LTE performance has been *identical* to my (post-most-recent-update) Razr MAXX, struggling to stay on 4G/LTE half the time.

I had to exchange my first Razr M for a new one because the power button stopped working after a couple of days, and my replacement Razr M has the same 4G/LTE issues.

Meanwhile, side my side, my Thunderbolt rocks 4G/LTE *solid* 24/7/365.

I might try to see if I can flash back to GB on my MAXX and see what the 4G/LTE signal is like...

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The bionic could just be stuck on 4G even tho it isn't. Or the towers in your area are being messed with. Or it's a bum device. Get a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty