Do you use a screen protector

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If you do, what kind do you use. And if you don't, state your reasons. Also, should I use a screen protector?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
They are kind of pointless with the new screen materials they use now.
If you keep it in a big purse with keys and crap maybe use one or think about using a sleeve

I haven't used one for about a year. With M I never even bought one.

Sent from my phone with the app.

smankins

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I always install a Skinomi screen protector on all my cell phones and tablets. If you install them correctly you can barely tell they are there. My wife's old phone, and probably her current RAZR M, would look pretty bad from the way she carries her phone in her purse if not for the screen protection.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend had one of the ones from best buy on her gnexus that they installed and it looked so bad that she took it off. Her screen is jacked up now from her purse.

I had a generic one from amazon on my dinc2 that was friggin awesome but I screwed it up trying to reuse it. I just decided to not use it and was happy.

Sent from my phone with the app.

gmkahuna

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Never used any kind of screen protection on any of my devices. I generally carry my phones in a holster that is lined with some soft material like felt. My thinkpad tablet is in a keyboard folio and the I-Pad that should be here this week will be in an otter box case.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have recently stopped using a screen protector. No scratches so far.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
From my experience screen protectors show more smudges that the bare screen.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Screen protectors show more smudges and cause more drag when swiping across the screen. Just wipe the screen with a soft lint-free cloth or on your pants or shirt.

Mary Cameron

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my DROID screen protector for my Razr M at the Verizon store. The package says DROID / Razr M on the top and Verizon on the bottom. They put it on for me and It is perfectly smooth with no bubbles and swypes beautifully...no drag...almost seems faster than the naked screen. I carry it in a little pouch in my purse because there's all kinds of stuff in there...keys, grandkids toys...lots of stuff that could do damage. The package came with 3 protectors, and if the time comes where I need another put on, I will let Verizon do it. I tried on my old phone and had bubbles that i could not get rid of. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Love my phone and don't want any screen damage.

glsmith1544

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Had my Razr M for about a year. Carry it in a leather belt holster w/soft lining, No screen protector & I have yet to see a reason for it, my screen looks like new!!!! That Gorilla Glass is virtually indestructible.

ktackel

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nope, never on the M since it has Gorilla Glass. I have had it about a year to year and a half and still looks new!

I know this Razr M is getting old in "tech years" but I still love it.

thedan862

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had my M almost a year and keep it in my back pocket and have dropped it a few times and the screen is still like new. Screen protectors are a dying product now a days.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I still put a screen protector on all the phones on my account. Though they're not as necessary as they were a few years ago, the screens can still get scratched. The newer protectors from Zagg and Skinomi have pretty much removed that "orange peel" effect of the early ones. They also really reduce the finger smudge / fingerprint on the screens and I think help with the touch function (the naked glass is too slick IMO).

I use the Skinomi protector on my MAXX HD and RAZR M and love it. Plus, you can request a replacement directly from their website, they send you a replacement within a few days, no questions asked, no extra charge. So quick and easy. On the S3, I bought an OtterBox Commuter case and it comes with it's on screen protector... more rigid and smoother than the Skinomi...It doesn't help as much with fingerprints but seems to be working well. The user of the S3, my younger sister, is a bit of a klutz and the case and screen protector seem to be doing it's job so far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984