Have Verizon UDP - Want to upgrade from my Moto Razr M - but have FoxFi concerns. What should I do?

A

AC Question

Have Verizon UDP - Want to upgrade from my moto razr m - but have FoxFi concerns

I still have my verizon UDP plan and have been thinking about upgrading my several year old motorola razr m but am not sure what phones are options for me? I'm going to buy it outright (obviously) so probably not anything BRAND new. Just something that I can get off of eBay at a discount.

My concerns however are this - The reason I refuse to get rid of my UDP is because I use foxfi and hotspot my phone for my home internet. I have excellent 4g service and it saves me a $75 internet bill. The caveat is that I'm rooted and running an old operating system (4.1.2). I had a MAJOR headache when my phone updated it's OS beyond that because foxfi quit working. So I had to root my phone and downgrade the OS.

So if I buy a newer phone outright... will I still have to revert back to an ancient operating system? Or is FoxFi once again compatible and I'll be able to avoid the rooting and downgrading?

My other concern is the sim card size. It's my understanding that my unlimited data is tied to my current sim card. So any phone I buy needs to accept my current razr m sim card - is that correct?

-Rory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa