The Maxx HD has a barometer?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Believe it, or not, the barometer helps the GPS in your phone work faster and more accurately.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Could you recommend some apps? Im curious to see how this works.
I have AndroSensor installed on mine. It shows the values from all sensors, including atmospheric pressure. You can search the Play Store for "barometer" and find specific apps.

The problem is that the sensor is not very accurate. They are not corrected for altitude and seem to read low as well. I'm not sure that they are very useful.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You just need to bite the bullet and buy this phone. Samsung products feel cheap, touchwiz is garbage. The HTC DNA is just like my One X, the multitasking was horrible which was a deal breaker for me. Yes, the camera was pretty good however I seemed to get a lot of slightly blurred photos.

This phones build quality is unbelievable and the slight overlay is so subtle, it might as well be treated like vanilla Android.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

bcisys

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have AndroSensor installed on mine. It shows the values from all sensors, including atmospheric pressure. You can search the Play Store for "barometer" and find specific apps.

The problem is that the sensor is not very accurate. They are not corrected for altitude and seem to read low as well. I'm not sure that they are very useful.

I think for most uses the accuracy of the actual reading isn't as critical as the ability to sense changes -- both up and down -- over time. While it may show 990 millibars when the atmospheric pressure is actually 1010 millibars, a change of 20 millibars up or down should register accurately.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I think for most uses the accuracy of the actual reading isn't as critical as the ability to sense changes -- both up and down -- over time. While it may show 990 millibars when the atmospheric pressure is actually 1010 millibars, a change of 20 millibars up or down should register accurately.
That's correct. In engineering terms, the phone's barometer's precision is excellent, but not its accuracy.

The biggest source of absolute error is the lack of altitude correction. I live at 1100', which causes an error of one inch of mercury in the reading. That's pretty significant.

An app could correct for altitide using the GPS, but I haven't seen one do this yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87