Help! How do you move apps to a sd card?

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an sd app. Shows me the apps that can move. I move them. Then it takes me to an app info screen. Then nothing happens. What am I missing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I believe the card is mounted. I see it in the storage settings. Help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm. According to the other 500 or so threads, this functionality is now not possible.

To summarize, Android/Google has remapped the SD Card as ExtSDCard now causing these App2SD apps to fail.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm. According to the other 500 or so threads, this functionality is now not possible.

To summarize, Android/Google has remapped the SD Card as ExtSDCard now causing these App2SD apps to fail.

I appreciate your answer but I do not understand what you mean. Why would they have and sd slot and not be able to use it?

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, according to other numerous threads, the SD card is most useful for Media. At least is Googles eyes. Maybe some people do have 100's apps installed on their devices, I don't, so I don't really need to use the card for anything more than media and application DATA backup. That being said, there are some threads describing how to remap or relink of the storage areas to main memory.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok i think I am getting it. So apps cant go on the card but music, media, and backups can.?

SteveyMC

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I think it is ridiculous that you can't use the SD card for the apps, I have used Co-pilot - a sat nav app for a year now on my Galaxy S2 and now I have a new phone I can't use it because the 3gb I need is not available on the internal memory, rendering the app useless..!! ~What was Android thinking..?? I have a perfectly good brand new Sandisk 32gb external SD card which is pointless now as I am never going to take that many pictures ever..!! If I had known this before I would have probably looked at a Windows phone. If you can let me know how I can complain directly to Android I would be most grateful. Thanks.

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
There appears to be a somewhat new app in Play Store. Mounts2SD that may accomplish what your wanting. I tried reading the description then I followed the link to XDA for more clarification. Now I am lost even more than before. Please check this to see if it makes your list. It requires ROOT.

Luis Simoes

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Its jelly bean update thing...before the stupid update I could transfer apps since update I can't anymore... I roller my phone back..stupid jelly bean...

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I suspect the limitation is a JB issue vs. a Motorola issue. My wife's (Asus) and daughter's (Samsung) tablets won't allow you to move apps to the SD card either. I believe this is a way to make people buy phones/tablets with larger internal storage capacity. If you could move apps to the SD card, you would be more likely to purchase a lower priced model with less storage because you could always just buy a $20 SD card and have more storage rather than fork over an extra $100 for a model with larger storage.