Google Now cards not displaying

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

After the recent Google search update, Google Now seems to have gone completely wonky. I have made sure Google now is on and I have opted in. I have uninstalled/re-installed the update, cleared data, cleared cache. I have read countless forums and have taken all the basic steps to get this up and running again short of actually removing my Google account or doing a factory reset. Those are two actions I really dont wanna take. I am really starting to believe this is a Google issue and will auto correct itself but hey who knows at this point.

Am I missing something here? Any ideas? Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

After the recent Google search update, Google Now seems to have gone completely wonky. I have made sure Google now is on and I have opted in. I have uninstalled/re-installed the update, cleared data, cleared cache. I have read countless forums and have taken all the basic steps to get this up and running again short of actually removing my Google account or doing a factory reset. Those are two actions I really dont wanna take. I am really starting to believe this is a Google issue and will auto correct itself but hey who knows at this point.

Thanks..

I don't have the Razr, but I am not having any issues with Google Now. I would try clearing the system cache in recovery mode before doing anything else.

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the Razr, but I am not having any issues with Google Now. I would try clearing the system cache in recovery mode before doing anything else.

Thank you for the suggestion Golfdriver97 but no dice. I cleared the system cache and cards are still not showing up. This is driving me nuts because I use Google Now constantly and now after the update things are not good.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion Golfdriver97 but no dice. I cleared the system cache and cards are still not showing up. This is driving me nuts because I use Google Now constantly and now after the update things are not good.

I don't think removing and replacing the Google account will change anything.
I hate suggesting factory resets, because they are so over-prescribed by people in any forum it ridiculous, and half the time, another option will work just as well and eliminates the hassle created by the reset.
However, I can think of no other option to pursue. Even a reset may not fix this if it is an issue on Google's side.

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think removing and replacing the Google account will change anything.
I hate suggesting factory resets, because they are so over-prescribed by people in any forum it ridiculous, and half the time, another option will work just as well and eliminates the hassle created by the reset.
However, I can think of no other option to pursue. Even a reset may not fix this if it is an issue on Google's side.

Yeah I think I am just gonna hang tight for the moment and see if this is a Google issue. I went through my first factory reset on this device like a week ago and would rather not go down that road again anytime soon.

Thanks again!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think I am just gonna hang tight for the moment and see if this is a Google issue. I went through my first factory reset on this device like a week ago and would rather not go down that road again anytime soon.

Thanks again!

No sweat. Hope it sorts itself out.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Reset app data, then GI through the intro for it again

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

I wish this did the trick dark_mirage but I have actually done this a cpl times already to no avail. The way I see it right now is I have done everything short of a factory reset to get this going again.

Thanks for responding....

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I am having the same issue with my T mobile Samsung Galaxy 3. the traffic card is working fine however the sports cards and the others don't show anything.... If any one can help

Posted via Android Central App

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked your Google Card settings? There's a main setting for all cards on and off. If you tap that line it takes you to another screen with switches for each card. Of course, the settings is found by going to the Google Now screen and tapping the vertical dots at the bottom of the screen. If you have cards displayed you have to scroll past them, but that shouldn't be an issue if you're not seeing cards.

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Been there done that whoover, thanks though. I am still holding out thinking its a Google issue. The funny thing is I really don't see others reporting this odd behavior. Not only is the weather card not showing up consistently the traffic card isn't there when I need it like it used to be. So right now I am still at a lose as to whats going on.

SJBBF

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
It seems to work intermittently. I'm still trying to wrap my hands around this Google Now card thing. For example, I have the card for birthdays toggled on... so what is this supposed to do?

Posted via Android Central App

Dimski

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks..

Switching to battery saving mode (using wifi and gps to estimate location), under the location settings tab, has fixed the problem for me.

Apollo3031

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue as well. If you go to SETTINGS>APPS>GOOGLE SEARCH and uninstall updates / clear app data (both just to be sure) it will pop back up.

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Things have just changed since the last update and not for the better IMHO.Before the update the weather card would always come back up after you swiped it away and did a refresh, it seemed to be a constant card pretty much. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Now it just gives you a message saying there are no cards available after you have swiped all your cards away.Also commuter cards were always spot on for me. Now after the update they are really patchy, sometimes they show sometime they don't. Sports cards are a whole other deal. These cards used to be fairly accurate and up to date, now I'm lucky if they even tell me a game is starting on a particular day.So Im just looking at the whole Google Now thing as a major work in progress stoked for new updates.

milan brennan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
After You pressed applications button at the bottom center of Your screen, depress blue Google button, then press on the three little dots at the bottom right of the screen. In a smaller rectangle in the lower right corner you will find words Settings, Send feedback and Help. Press Settings. New Google screen will have Google Now , press it to OFF. If the screen does not respond press it again, it have to read OFF for it to go to the next screen Sometimes it takes a second..s for a last screen to appear. On the lower right corner You find in blue capital letters YES,I`M IN. Press it and You are DONE. You don`t lose any data and Google Now resets itself to ON by itself. Let everybody know if it worked. I had to rework this description, to be more understandable and post it again for all the sufferers like myself. Good luck, John.

Last edited:

sami_2704

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I was having the same issue(Traffic card not showing) after Google now. This has now resolved

Do the following to resolve this

1. Make sure Location setting is ON under Settings>>Location Services
2. You have placed configured under My Places
3. Under Customize Google now --> Everything Else --> Check Whether Continue to get updates about travel time is selected as Yes.

DO this and Travel Card will appear in not time for all placed which you have stored.

Enjoy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non