Possible Bad Razr Maxx Battery!

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Now, i am starting to think, I also "might" have a Bum Battery! (day#1) Off charger at 10:00AM and completely Dead at 4:00PM (moderate usage) (day#2) Off charger at 12:00PM completely Dead at 10:00PM (Light Usage) (day#3) Off charger at 11:00AM and Completely Dead at 9:30PM (Moderate-Heavy Usage) (day#4) Off charger at 12:00PM and completely dead at 9:30PM.. On day # 3 AND 4 I had been using Google Navigator for 5 Hours Straight on both days.. Facebook Widget runs constantly in the backround too.. Not sure IF that is considered "Moderate" Or, "Heavy Usage" ?? and i also had my Bluetooth ON Constantly from the moment i take the Razr Maxx off the charger, until it Completely Dies out on me... I Also have Very Strong 4g Everywhere i go.. Can someone Please help me understand if this battery is a Good one, or maybe i should replace the phone?? Can't Understand Why so many other people are getting Much better results than me.. I got the Maxx on Friday, January 27th, So i Only have either 10 or 14 days to return it!! Iv'e already had it 5 days now... please help... thanks

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
5 hrs of straight navigation is pretty heavy data usage. I'd say it's to close to tell if your battery is bad. Day one or two with only 8-9hrs and light usage that's bad. Just return it for a new one. The 14day return policy is only if your not satisfied with the phone and u want something different. You have a one year manufacturer warranty that covers your phone for other manufacturer defects.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
thanks Anthony.. In all honestly.. I really DON'T know "exactly" what's Considered "Heavy' usage, and "Moderate' usage.. but YOU did clear up for me, that 5 hours of constant gps is considered HEAVY usage.. I use my Razr Maxx EVERY Single day with a Minimum of Atleast 5 hrs. of Google Navigator" because i work for medical transportation, and NEED gps to Find where the Client Lives..

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No prob. I would definitely have that phone pluged in with a car charger. Not only are you consistantly downloading all the maps in the background while navigating, but your screen is probably on 100% of the time as well and I'm sure its at its brightest if your working during the day cause of the sunlight.

Reactions: derek128

Dolomite

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe I might have some issue with my battery. I have gotten 8 hours and 12 hours with 4G and my "typical" use. 3 email accounts with a little streaming and some surfing. I use some smart actions as well. The alarming thing is that on one of the days, voice calls was twice as much as the display with less than 2 hours of talk time.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe I might have some issue with my battery. I have gotten 8 hours and 12 hours with 4G and my "typical" use. 3 email accounts with a little streaming and some surfing. I use some smart actions as well. The alarming thing is that on one of the days, voice calls was twice as much as the display with less than 2 hours of talk time.

What's your fetch schedule on your email accounts? Running live wallpaper? Did you check the task manager and see what's running?

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, my screen is ALWAYS set to "Automatic" even during the daytime.. My screen is NOT on 100% of the time, and never set at it's Maximum Brightest either... TODAY, I took it off the charger at 6:00AM and it was Dead at 6:30PM! I am so confused.. I am not sure if this is Normal for this battery? I used the "Google Navigator" for 3 1/2 Hours straight and the time on the display was 4 hours straight... Facebook Widget runs constantly in the backround too... Check my email's about 20 times, and sent & recieved about 100 text messages.....

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Automatic screen brightness in day time is most likely gonna push the screen brightness to 100%. Does your screen shut off during Navigation? Cause mine does not. so if your using navigation for 3 1/2 hrs then your screen should be on for 3 1/2 hrs. Take it back and get a different one.. they'll give you another one.. maybe it is a bad battery and the only way to tell is try a different one.

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
i think you are right.. I want to get another device, and this damn verizon Tech is trying to walk me through "smart actions" He's acting like he doesnt wanna send me out a new phone!! and im getting Pissed off with him.. I just got off the phone with him, and he is now saying, too just simply return the device to any authorize verizon retail store, and they will give me a new one... Thanks for letting me know that "auto brightness" will put the screen at 100% in the daytime, i didn'y know that.. and the screen NEVER shuts off during Navigation. I am just not convinced that 12 hours under Heavy Usage, my Maxx goes dead! and other people are Also using their Maxx with heavy usage, and their Pulling 16+ Hours.....

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Just to point out that navigation is actually constant use not heavy use. I think a 3300 battery is only guaranteed 4 hours of constant use. I will try to find where i read this and post it. But I think your not doing to bad running all that navigation and background data.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.. and maybe your right, that i am not doing that bad with this phone. I am still gonna return it this weekend, and get another new one. Then i will compare my notes with the Maxx agaisn't the other one. IF i am getting close to the exact same results, then i will know that my battery was fine. IF i get much better results with the new Maxx, then i will know that i did infact have a Bum Battery! lol Either way, it's a win win situation for me.. Thanks for your time.. (^_^) I just want a Razr Maxx that i can be happy with...

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I would take it back. It is a win win situation. Your already beating out every other android phone I've used. If you get better battery life great, if not...battery life is still better and a car charger or even the dock isn't that expensive.

Last edited:

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Today is the 7th day iv'e owned the Maxx, and took it Off the charger at 7:30AM and it was Dead at 6:30PM... As Usual, Had Google Navigator" running for 4 Hours Straight, and the Screen was on for the same amount of time.. Had Facebook Widget running constantly, and sent and recieved around 75 Text Messages, and checked my Two email Accounts about 20 times.. Seems like this Maxx has a Average of 12 hours before it dies out... Giving it One Last day tomorrow, and if i'm not satisfied, I am def. gonna Return it on Saturday for a New one.. Maybe it's just Me, and i am expecting waaay too much out of it. We shall see.....

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am on LTE for the first for a long period of time today. I have noticed much larger battery drain, about 10% every 2.5 hours. Still better then other androids phone I've used.

godbout.t

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was experiencing a similar problem so I used rsd to flash my razr than rooted. Then I used battery calibration and HOT DOG amazing battery life

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Wondering about my battery, too. Was fully charged 2 hrs ago, connected to home Wifi (full bars). I have sent 2 emails and loaded 1 web page. Took a 10 minute call. That's it and 2 hours later, it's at 90% battery. Doesn't seem right, does it?

kil187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Wondering about my battery, too. Was fully charged 2 hrs ago, connected to home Wifi (full bars). I have sent 2 emails and loaded 1 web page. Took a 10 minute call. That's it and 2 hours later, it's at 90% battery. Doesn't seem right, does it?

Sounds like mine, only mine is a bit worse, I can watch it drop 2% in the first 10 mins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez