Notification sounds over bluetooth

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
While using my Bluetooth earpiece I don't hear notification sounds for incoming emails or txts. When I used this same Bluetooth earpiece (Motorola Elite Flip) with the Galaxy Nexus I would hear notification sounds for emails and texts. Is there a setting I need to set?

pvaughn99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to say, the Droid X, Razr, and Razr MAXX do not play notifications over bt. This has been a major issue with me for some time. I've tried everything I could think of and posted in every Droid forum I could find, seeking a solution.

Ironically, I found your post while trying to find out if the Nexus would do it.

Paul

Reactions: tjefferson3

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Paul. As I stated in my post, the GN enables notification sound over BT. If it weren't for my Maxx's EXCELLENT battery life I would go back to using my GN.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I get them over Bluetooth in my car. Ford Sync. Heck I get notified and the message read to me also. hmmmm. I also have a Motorola S705 HS I'll test after lunch. I left it in my car. So that brings up another thought. The phone might not be the only variable right? Have you tried different BT devices?

Update. I tried it with my S705 headset and i did not work. No tones. No big deal for me no more than I use it but you definitely nailed that problem:) Hopefully some update will correct it.

Last edited:

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I drive a Ford Fusion Hybrid and my BT works great with the Sync system. Unfortunately, after being on the BT for a long period of time thru my car, my phone has issues, twice. First time, when am finished using the BT thru my car, my handset wouldn't work (the person can't hear me). I had to get another Razr MAXX. The second time was, same situation, after talking on the BT thru my car, this time, I can't get the "new" handset out of "stand by" mode, I had to do a hard reset but after that, it seems fine....as long as I don't use the BT thru my car for a long period of time. IDK, still experimenting.

I do hope they get the update soon and correct this problem or else am stuck with this phone for the next 24 months, lol...that would suck!