Annoying Prompts from Backup Assistant Plus?

freehockey

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm a newbie to the Droid world . . just got my Maxx to days ago, and I LOVE IT !

However, whenever I connect my phone to my PC with the USB cable . . . .

1. The browser on my PC automatically opens to Verizon's product page that contains information about "Back Up Assistant Plus . . Media from Verizon Wireless - Backup Assistant Plus
[/URL]

2. A pop-up window also opens on top of the 1st window. It's entitled "backup assistant plus" and has a red "subscribe now" button in the upper right hand corner.

3. If I simply close the windows, they go away, but will reappear every time I connect To my PC

I have looked in all the places on my phone that I can think of that may control this action so I can disable or turn it off, but have not had any success as yet. I have even called VZW's tech support and they were unable to help. The person I talked to to said that they'd never com across this issue before.

Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that problem, but I never set up Backup Assistant, so I wonder if that might be part of it. Do you remember when you first got your phone whether or not you went through the business of setting up Backup Assistant?

In any case, you might be able to stop this by going to Manage Apps->All, and find all of the Backup Assistant listings. Clear the data from all of them, then see if the annoying popup still comes up when you hook up the phone to your PC via USB.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I too found this annoying. When connecting to my computer I noticed there was an icon of the phone in the task bar.when you click on it there are options and the default is to launch BA. Just select another option like USB Motocast and it will not launch BA. Hope this helps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dslomer64

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I used to be in this situation (I don't know if it's the situation described above):

Connecting my Motorola Razr M Android phone to my Windows PC via USB cable made Google Chrome browser automatically go to the Backup Assistant web page at Verizon, interrupting whatever I was browsing. Big pain.

To stop this, I went into Windows Control Panel and uninstalled Motorola Device Manager.

Problem solved.