Swype stock issues

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
On my nexus I was using the swype beta and loved it. I have used swype on every phone I have owned that it was available on and am very fast with it. I have noticed that for the past few weeks that the stock version on this phone has become almost unusable due to typo's. I have yet to get one text out without having to proof read and correct some mistakes. The beta is not allowed on this phone although I am not sure what difference it would make. I did a factory rest before and after the recent OTA update and it didn't change anything. These constant errors defeat any speed gain I get from using it. I have swiftkey I am going to try but has anyone noticed swype being extremely inaccurate and giving word corrections that make no sense?

DS2012

May 14, 2012
Visit site
What's the Swype version you are using that is giving you all of those junk words? It's likely the fact that Swype used to add words automatically to the user dictionary, which means all typos as well. They've since added a user dictionary editor so that you can remove the junk, and words are no longer added automatically.

Maybe try to clear data on Swype? This will wipe all of your user-added words, though... if you do it, let us know if that helps!

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I, too, was using the old version of Swype on my old phone. The change was a little challenging, but it is getting better.

I have found that I am not paying close enough attention to the words that are being suggested. Above the keyboard as I swype out my word, it is always trying to autocorrect, but usually the word is in the list somewhere. I have been careful of the words that I "add" to the dictionary, only adding those that I am sure I will be reusing often enough to warrant it.

You might want to make sure that all the settings are how you want them, too. There are a number of settings that deal with accuracy, auto-correcting, and word suggestion. You might want to adjust some of those settings.

Hope this helps.

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I am also using the stock Swype on my Maxx & I to have to proof read everything.. If I don't then there will be words not even remotely close to what I was trying to say.. allot of the time its so bad there isn't even a prediction to choose from..