Moving from Droid 3 to RAZR MAXX

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So my girlfriend is getting a Razr MAXX this weekend and she currently has a Droid 3, totally stock and unrooted. What I want to know is how will all of her data transfer over to the MAXX?

I know her apps "should" automatically start downloading when she signs in but honestly I've never seen that work on one of my phones. I always just use Titanium Backup to restore my apps and APK data because I've always been rooted.

So, if I want her apps AND her apps' data to move from her Droid 3 to her MAXX without rooting, how should we go about it?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ugh there's gotta be a way. That's the one thing that pisses me off about Android. Blackberry and iPhone have a desktop software allowing you to back up everything. I know Google is all about no-wires but if they insist on that, at least make sure APKs restore reliably with their data. That was a Froyo feature, right??

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The apps MAY restore fine. Hopefully they will...but I'd rather not root her phone, you know? I'm sure there's tools for it now that do the whole one-step thing but still...it's almost the principle of it! If she didn't have me, she'd buy a new phone and have no apps' data. High scores, notepads, settings, etc all gone. Kind of sucks. I've been saying it for year, I'm kind of a broken record now :(

Are there any other ways other than rooting? Thanks :) And thanks, Carracerz14!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of any apps that will back up data without root. I rooted for the main fact of being able to do this. I even paid the 7 bucks for Titanium backup pro. I have schedules set up to run every night where it automatically backs up everything if there is any modified data.

Also I like to flash roms, but that's a whole nother story:cool:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of any apps that will back up data without root. I rooted for the main fact of being able to do this. I even paid the 7 bucks for Titanium backup pro. I have schedules set up to run every night where it automatically backs up everything if there is any modified data.

Also I like to flash roms, but that's a whole nother story:cool:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Yeah man, a ROM flasher's best friend is Titanium! I'm gonna have to consider rooting her, I guess... blehhh!

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth + auxiliary port?

Just make the switch .... i went from d3 to maxx and im never going back!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The apps MAY restore fine. Hopefully they will...but I'd rather not root her phone, you know? I'm sure there's tools for it now that do the whole one-step thing but still...it's almost the principle of it! If she didn't have me, she'd buy a new phone and have no apps' data. High scores, notepads, settings, etc all gone. Kind of sucks. I've been saying it for year, I'm kind of a broken record now :(

Are there any other ways other than rooting? Thanks :) And thanks, Carracerz14!

You can back up apps using Astro if you don't want to rely on Google to auto-redownload apps. No app data of course using this method but this is a sure way to make sure all apps are populated.

without root, there is no way to back up all app data, but Certain programs like dolphin browser, k9, colornote, etc. allow to back up settings within the app. some apps like angry birds have 3rd party apps that can backup app data.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
You can back up apps using Astro if you don't want to rely on Google to auto-redownload apps. No app data of course using this method but this is a sure way to make sure all apps are populated.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

I forgot about Astro backup. I may do that in case her apps don't auto-restore. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed