New Razr Maxx User

firemanjoe

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The first thing I have to say is wow! I completed my first day of having the Razr Maxx yesterday. 18 hours off charge,6+ hours of screen time, wifi on, 4G on, bluetooth music streaming, texting, etc.....and I had 67% battery when I went to bed? You have to be kidding me!! I gave up all hope on the Galaxy Nexus, having to charge multiple times per day just to stay above 50% battery, the 4G that just consumed the battery, why can't all phones be like this phone? I know this phone probably isn't perfect, but the battery life alone is amazing, and I am having good luck with everything else on this phone. Thanks for reading, just glad I finally made the switch to this phone!

OBXSporty

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This is my first 24hours with mine as well...still exploring. i can't quite figure out how to get the widgets to work. i got them installed but can't figure out how to make them work. i switched from the incredible. went in to get the iphone5 and came our with the razr maxx. so far i am pleased with my choice.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Imo the best phone for your money family. This phone is amazing. I have had it for over a year and from flashing multiple roms to using it all the time it is an amazing device. I just hope that the jellybean gets released soon so the ROMs can be more stable.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Like many Android users, you probably were suffering from CPBLAS. (Cell Phone Battery Life Anxiety Syndrome) I used to plan my life around the availability of a place to charge my phone and would start to panic inside if my battery level started to creep in the lower percentages if I was away from home.

Worry no more. It will take a few weeks for the symptoms of PBLAS to go away, but they will.

Enjoy your new phone!

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Like many Android users, you probably were suffering from CPBLAS. (Cell Phone Battery Life Anxiety Syndrome) I used to plan my life around the availability of a place to charge my phone and would start to panic inside if my battery level started to creep in the lower percentages if I was away from home.

Worry no more. It will take a few weeks for the symptoms of PBLAS to go away, but they will.

Enjoy your new phone!
Haha perfect explanation

OBXSporty

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i wanted to use the one more clock app. I got it to my phone, but it will not install. i moved it to the home screen and nothing happened but the icon on the screen. there was no option to open it.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It is not an app it is a widget you download install it and then put it on your home screen through the widget tab in your app drawer. Once you place it on your home screen tap the upper left hand corner and it'll bring up the settings where you can choose your skin.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've noticed about the Maxx (not sure if it happens with other devices) is that when you download and install something with widgets, the widgets take a little while to show up in your widgets list. With One More Clock, after you install it, you have to find it in your Widgets list (go to All Apps and tap Widgets at the top of the screen), then long press the size of the widget you want, and drag it to a homescreen. I think it will then ask you to choose a skin.

If you don't see the widget right after you download it, either wait a while (not sure how long, maybe up to 10-15 minutes) or power your phone off (i.e., turn it completely off) and turn it on again.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
H
One thing I've noticed about the Maxx (not sure if it happens with other devices) is that when you download and install something with widgets, the widgets take a little while to show up in your widgets list. With One More Clock, after you install it, you have to find it in your Widgets list (go to All Apps and tap Widgets at the top of the screen), then long press the size of the widget you want, and drag it to a homescreen. I think it will then ask you to choose a skin.

If you don't see the widget right after you download it, either wait a while (not sure how long, maybe up to 10-15 minutes) or power your phone off (i.e., turn it completely off) and turn it on again.
What I do is just do a reboot every time I install something which I am going to use the widget for so it gets available quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress