foxfi on jelly bean?

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the answer, but more specifically does anyone know for a fact once the Razr has been updated to jelly bean rather or not Foxfi will continue to function properly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
This is the message I get when I tried to use FoxFi on the latest update (98.72.8). It is the same message you receive when trying to use the Verizon Hotspot without a subscription. On my Razr MAXX, FoxFi does NOT work with the latest update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-24-22-56-37.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-24-22-56-37.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 65

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jelly Been and FoxFi

I have been fiddling with Foxfi trying to get it to work well after the update. I can get the wifi to connect well but have not been able to get the bluetooth to work. So I have found the opposite to be true.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm able to pair to my Nexus 7, but it doesn't connect. I don't know if this is just an issue with me due to error, but I'm unable to verify whether or not the BT option of FoxFi works.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been fiddling with Foxfi trying to get it to work well after the update. I can get the wifi to connect well but have not been able to get the bluetooth to work. So I have found the opposite to be true.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

I'm pretty sure FoxFi uses your WiFi and not BT to connect.

Chief

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I have tested using bluetooth with my tabelt. I use pdanet on the tablet. It works great on ics. Are you trying do something simliar to this?
Here are the steps 8 I used

Downloaded pdanet to tab
Paired tablet to phone
Started pdanet on tab
Started foxfi on phone in blutooth mode

THX

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Can carriers detect FoxFi on phones with JB?

This may be a bit off topic, but I'm wondering if carriers can now detect tethering with FoxFi on non-rooted phones with JB?

I've read a couple of posts from HTC One X users who upgraded to JB and shortly thereafter received a notification from AT&T that they were violating their Terms of Service and needed to upgrade to an account that included tethering.

Call me a skeptic, but part of me wonders if FoxFi's recent effort to monetize their app was a last-gasp effort to generate some revenue before the app was rendered irrelevant?

djrumbero

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can carriers detect FoxFi on phones with JB?

I extended the contract one of my lines in the family plan to get a new phone (RAZR M) and use it on my line which is the only one that has unlimited data. When I got the phone I did not know FOXFI didn't work with jelly bean. I did a lot of research and could not find a way out until I found the solution: Downgrade to Ice Cream Sandiwich. PROBLEM SOLVED. The only thing is do not accept the software update to Jelly Bean because it is going to be there in your phone and at some point it is going to tell there is an upgrade for your phone. Oh! and my phone is rooted, so I do not know if phone has to be rooted to downgrade. Here is the link wher I found how to do this. I hope this help some of you.
How to restore your Motorola DROID RAZR M back to stock ICS from the JB leak

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

One website I read says that is should still work if you connect with bluetooth. Can someone confirm this??

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The dev's description in playstore states foxfi will work in bluetooth mode. I am still on ics, so IDK?

jackm1249

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

FoxFi has worked since day one with Jellybean on my Samsung S3 with Verizon. In fact I seem to be getting better speeds. I can go about 50 feet away and still connects.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

2sREC.gif

mojojeff

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S3 unrooted (Verizon) to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and I am pleased to say that my foxfi paid version is working quite nicely with my Galaxy Tab 2 in conjunction with PDANet tablet edition. I am also able to connect my laptop. Hope this helps. I was reluctant to upgrade to JB for the very reason(s) (Foxfi) discussed in this thread. Good luck hope all works for you as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member