2.3.6 Soak Test starting

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Motorola DROID RAZR Owners Receiving Invites for New Soak Test [UPDATE]

Motorola Droid RAZR owners who have signed up to be apart of Moto?s Feedback Network have begun receiving invites to test out a mysterious new project according to Droid-Life. Razr owners will have be going into this blindly with no details given on exactly what they can expect from the ?soak test? but speculation is already running rampant. Everything from the usual bug fixes to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is being whispered.
Personally, I wouldn?t get my hopes up for Ice Cream Sandwich for at least another month or two. Pound for pound, if both the Droid Razr and Galaxy Nexus were running ICS, which would you choose?
UPDATE: Just as we expected, the soak test is more than likely the leaked Android 2.3.6 update for the Razr. Leaked a few weeks ago (while everyone was distracted with CES), the update mainly addresses 4G connectivity issues with the device. Users that have installed the update (no root required) are reporting a much improved 4G connection ? more than any other 4G devices they?ve ever owned ? so that?s a definite plus. The 6.12.173 update also adds minor graphical changes to Blur as well as introduces some brand new bloatware. If you want your cake, the calories come with it. If you want to check it out for yourself, it can be found on DroidRzr Forums here. Thanks, Jim!

Check your e-mail if your registered on the Moto site as a product tester. I checked mine ;)

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Been on 2.3.6 for a while, yes it is starting to roll out you can also find the link on droidrazr.com

Connectivity is improved and android OS uses less juice.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Been on 2.3.6 for a while, yes it is starting to roll out you can also find the link on droidrazr.com

Connectivity is improved and android OS uses less juice.

I never install a leaked update but I understand standard many, many Android owners do.

It's not rolling out to the public yet as the soak test hasn't even started.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm up and running with the new update. Some interesting changes visually as well. Here's being attentive to performance/connection with the new update..

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So far 4g connection has been quicker with screen on smaction and more stable. Sweeettt

Also, unlike the Bionic, our Fast boot file lets you flash back to 744 without fear of getting off the update path. So when the official one comes out, if you really want just flash via RSD and accept the OTA. As far as I know tho this particular one is not just a cheesecake method with the upgrade # but the soak test its self

Reactions: delco714

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, unlike the Bionic, our Fast boot file lets you flash back to 744 without fear of getting off the update path. So when the official one comes out, if you really want just flash via RSD and accept the OTA. As far as I know tho this particular one is not just a cheesecake method with the upgrade # but the soak test its self

I don't believe that the soak test has started yet. Only emails regarding the soak test have gone out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Speech synthesis app in my draw.. Wtf is that for? Also visual.. Like the settings. Click settings and everything has a new icon look . Stuff like that