Sorry for being a n00b

robant85

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I'm new to Android, just got my RAZR 2 days ago, and honestly the battery has been HORRIBLE, even with some awesome smart actions in place.....but I am not judging yet, because I can't put the damn thing down!!

Anyway, that is not why I am here. I could have sworn in messing with this phone that there was some menu that I was in that showed ALL the accounts that were able to sync. I can remember that it was a black window with white text and the App had the sync icon beside it, and you could click it to turn it green to say that it was allowed to sync.

FOR THE LIFE OF ME:mad:...I cannot find that menu again. Any help? Sorry if this has been asked already, I did a search...

robant85

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
That wasn't it, there are more things that sync than the accounts listed there, and the only one I can change is google...it was something else.

ScottyDog

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You might be having apps like facebook, twitter, words with friends etc that are constantly looking for notification updates and will tend to keep your phone awake and drain the battery. You will need to go into the settings of each app to control if you want notifications and how often. I turn notifications off on those apps.

robant85

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea none of those applications are receiving notifications. Which personally, I think is dumb....that's the reason of a notification...to be notified. Sucks that I have to turn those off on such an advanced device.

Either way though, what I was trying to figure out is how to modify what applications will and will not sync in the background...and I swear it is not in accounts...

robant85

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have figured it out now, it happens when background data is turned off and you try to go to the market, it tells you that you need to turn on background data and it is that screen I saw before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress