Still no update to 2.3.6

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My RAZR still hasn't received the latest update to 2.3.6. Is anyone else stuck on 2.3.5 still like me? I have checked for update on the phone with no luck,done a hard reset and even fully wiped the phone and started all over again with no luck. I am running full stock.
Anyone with any advice?

Thanks

Bigmo1972

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received it either,I did the manual update, but would like the official then maybe I can watch the videos I rented out of the market again

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to my bionic, I had to factory reset my phone. Once it was done, the update downloaded right away. It sucks, but it worked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I went a Verizon and also called tech support. Since I bought my razr off of a buddy they are telling me the warranty on the phone is void and they cannot replace it. They called up Motorola for me while I was on the phone and they told me that the update has not yet been patched to everyone to date. They told me to hang tight and be patient. I have a hard time believing that the update has not been sent to everyone yet.
sucks Verizon will not warranty a phone if it has transferred accounts.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I went a Verizon and also called tech support. Since I bought my razr off of a buddy they are telling me the warranty on the phone is void and they cannot replace it. They called up Motorola for me while I was on the phone and they told me that the update has not yet been patched to everyone to date. They told me to hang tight and be patient. I have a hard time believing that the update has not been sent to everyone yet.
sucks Verizon will not warranty a phone if it has transferred accounts.

Have you tried a corporate store? They sent me a warranty replacement on my old eris even though I bought it off a message board.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Since you didn't buy it originally, are you sure the previous owner didn't root or otherwise de-stock the phone?

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it wasn't rooted, I did a full wipe back to factory as well. What does de-stock mean? I have never rooted or played with internals on an android so is there anything in the settings of the phone that would tip me off to that?
Thanks

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it wasn't rooted, I did a full wipe back to factory as well. What does de-stock mean? I have never rooted or played with internals on an android so is there anything in the settings of the phone that would tip me off to that?
Thanks

Not that I know of, but with the Bionic, you could reflash all you wanted and the radios would be stuck at later versions. So it looked stock unless you dug deep into it and it wouldn't take OTA updates.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
On my old droid x doing a factory reset did not get rid of root. You can check if ur phone is rooted by either checking if u have the app superuser in ur app drawer.
Or u can download a root checker app from the Google play store(haha)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Took socarwolverines advice and want to a corporate store. They will be sending me out a replacement.
Thanks for all your help guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress