Case or no case?

silly_rabbit

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got my white RAZR a few weeks ago and I think it's really sharp looking phone. My brother agreed and said it would be a shame to put a case on and cover it up, but I do want to protect it. What would some of you suggest?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

seanlongoria

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Case, definitely. I have a blue RAZR with some noticeable dings after being dropped just a few feet.
I also said "I'll never drop my phone" before that when convincing myself I didn't need one.
Now I have an otterbox commuter. I'd suggest at least a clear gel skin case if you still want to retain your phone's coloring.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I too went with the white razr. Went a day without a case and was so paranoid I ran to the mall to pick one up. Went with a very thin white one piece case. It didn't add hardly any additional bulk and it is the exact same color of the phone. Sorry I can't give you the name of it but consider heading to the mall or looking online

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the case from Verizon. It's the smoke black tpu case. It's actually pretty good case. No bulk and feels good in the hand and pocket.

via Razr MAXX

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped the phone a couple times and it's fine. I don't think it needs a case at all, it's pretty durable. Then again, I really don't like cases, so I'm biased.

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the ottor box defender, best case I have ever owned. I came over from armored phones and my OG Droid took a beating, my razr is protected. Case has a kick stand for watching MLBTV, and netflix. My wife has a Hello Kitty hard case, looks cute, a girlie phone. Neither of us has a screen protector.

lordielordie

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I also find the phone too big and too thin to handle, and I use the case from Verizon. (Amazon ~$8)
It makes the phone easier to handle, and some protection. It also has a kick-stand and a holster that can be clipped to a belt (horizontal or vertical).

Krothie

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't find the phone too thin, and I don't have a case for my RAZR. I don't drop it that much and I don't really notice and dings or scratches. I have looked for a case but sadly there are no cases I want. Only cases I will be able to get are generic cases (black or clear or one color. No designs or anything like that). The phone was made to be thin. The thinnest in the world. That's how I'm going to leave my phone.

silly_rabbit

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't find the phone too thin, and I don't have a case for my RAZR. I don't drop it that much and I don't really notice and dings or scratches. I have looked for a case but sadly there are no cases I want. Only cases I will be able to get are generic cases (black or clear or one color. No designs or anything like that). The phone was made to be thin. The thinnest in the world. That's how I'm going to leave my phone.

I agree the only case I would like is a clear case. I don't know how that would look...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

dizzah

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Incipio feather case and it rocks. Still keeps the phone very svelte and will hopefully help it survive a tumble with minimal dings. The only down side I can point out for the case is it slightly obscures the standby button but nothing I didn't get used to in a day or two. I haven't dropped it yet so I can't speak for its protection factor.

mitnickenizer

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone has taken more than a few falls from heights so far. (Mostly from the top of my car on to the concrete of my garage. So far it hasn't shown any real damage, however the coloring is definitely fading around the edges. I do highly recommend getting a screen cover though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984