So much for the S3

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Returned the S3 and back to using a Razr...The S3 has horrible reception (main issue) and also the vibrate function is MUCH better on the Razr. I can barely get reception at my house with the S3. Everything is crystal clear with the Razr though. The Razr is not as fast but honestly it's fast enough for me.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I will never understand why the Galaxy line is so popular (Proof the public is stupid). They are plagued by connectivity issues...among other things. Welcome back.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I will never understand why the Galaxy line is so popular (Proof the public is stupid). They are plagued by connectivity issues...among other things. Welcome back.

Everyone is entitled to their own choice in devices and with the current SGSIII sales numbers and previous galaxy s line numbers it's hard to deny its a very popular device. Safe to say your comment of 20 million people being stupid could be incorrect.

I will give props to the Razr because after all it is Motorola and they have always lead the way in radios, hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
While I agree Motorola has the best connectivity (they should they've been in the business for years) I have to disagree with the terrible reception on the galaxy line of devices. I don't have any issues that make my device unusable although the reception won't be as good as a Motorola device.

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Lol I'm sure you are just trolling. Whatever android phone you have now I garentee my s3 will beat it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

TankMech

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My s3 gets great reception and has never had connectivity issues. I I'm in the middle of the Mojave desert on a new 4G network and very spotty areas when I'm out training. I never had an issue with it. I even my tbolt does ok, but when it doesn't my s3 does great. Even up against some of my soldiers Motorola and HTC and lg phones it does very well. It's funny to be standing next to someone with a different phone and they have crap reception while you have great. It may be the network, the phone or other equipment making our reception good or bad, but either way the s3 is great all around. I vote troll on this whole thread.... ;)

Sent from my BullyBolt using Android Central Forums.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol I'm sure you are just trolling. Whatever android phone you have now I garentee my s3 will beat it
People always defend devices they own...to justify their decision. I've lost money dealing with reception-plagued Samsung devices.

Motorola's have better reception than Samsung. Not an opinion. Fact.

I view reception above all else. The RAZR/RAZR MAXX have the best reception on Verizon.

Reactions: carracerz14

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
People always defend devices they own...to justify their decision. I've lost money dealing with reception-plagued Samsung devices.

Motorola's have better reception than Samsung. Not an opinion. Fact.

I view reception above all else. The RAZR/RAZR MAXX have the best reception on Verizon.

You're entitled to your opinion (and that's all it is). Just like with real estate, cell phone reception is a matter of LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Sure there are some differences in radios that might provide better or worse reception in a given area, but you can't speak for the quality of everyone else's reception.

RAZR/RAZR MAXX have the best reception on Verizon (where YOU are located, and in YOUR opinion). For someone else, the story may be different. Blanket statements tend to lead people to question your credibility and/or motives.

Just, my opinion. :p

wythme2

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I currently have sg3 and after 3 replacements the reception is horrible. I have had htc, Motorola and even the iPhone which gets better reception than this phone. Today I am going to store to have them replace sim card to see if that helps, but this will be the second sim.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
You're entitled to your opinion (and that's all it is).
I'd like to refer you to the post above mine or a simple comparison between signal problem threads in Motorola and Samsung forums.
Sure there are some differences in radios that might provide better or worse reception in a given area, but you can't speak for the quality of everyone else's reception.
The radios are all the same in the respective devices. I find it extremely unlikely that in this magical unicorn area a S3 will work and a RAZR won't.
Blanket statements tend to lead people to question your credibility and/or motives.
Unless they are true. ;)
Just, my opinion. :p
Mine too. Though I'm sure some sort of reception study would agree. :p

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to refer you to the post above mine or a simple comparison between signal problem threads in Motorola and Samsung forums.

The radios are all the same in the respective devices. I find it extremely unlikely that in this magical unicorn area a S3 will work and a RAZR won't.

Unless they are true. ;)

Mine too. Though I'm sure some sort of reception study would agree. :p

My S3 has better reception and quality of signal in my area than my RAZR Maxx could muster on its best day. FACT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus. My wife has the RAZR and my daughter has the maxx. They drop calls and lose data WAY more than I do. FACT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus. My wife has the RAZR and my daughter has the maxx. They drop calls and lose data WAY more than I do. FACT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The galaxy nexus and s3 have completely different radio architectures.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Apples and oranges... pick what works best for you. To me everyone claims Motorola makes the best radios but honestly I have seen no difference in any phone (and I've had a lot).

I'm sure the S3 is a great phone. Fan boys everywhere will claim it can "out do" every phone out but why?????? So it has 2 gig of ram? I have yet to ever see any need for more... RAZR runs just fine with 1 so what's the big deal?

In my experience the gnex was OK but in build quality compared to Motorola and HTC I'll pass on Samsung for now. Droid RAZR (non maxx) suits me just fine and I get a days use out of the battery. I even like the screen but sounds like the new RAZR screen is much improved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

koatrees

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell me which apps you are running and what your settings are on your Droid RAZR that allows you to get days of use on the built in battery?

Are you running ICE or GB?