Question about Droid X holster

anon(254231)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I just received my Droid X today as a replacement after having gone through 4 Samsung Fascinates and I have to say that I love it so far.

I already had the Verizon Holster for the droid X so I thought everything would be great. Well Very quickly I noticed that the phone was on in the case and that depending on the way it was facing the magnets would either make it go into car mode or desk stand mode.

I was wondering if there was anyway around that?

Also after milling about the forum I purchased this case for my phone: Superior Dual Cover

I think it looks great and I have only read really good things about it.

Now I was wondering what you would recommend as a screen protector for the phone?

Also if the holster that I have can't be made to work with my phone are there any out there that work with the case I just bought that won't make the phone turn on?

Thank you for any and all help / advice :D

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I just received my Droid X today as a replacement after having gone through 4 Samsung Fascinates and I have to say that I love it so far.

I already had the Verizon Holster for the droid X so I thought everything would be great. Well Very quickly I noticed that the phone was on in the case and that depending on the way it was facing the magnets would either make it go into car mode or desk stand mode.

I was wondering if there was anyway around that?

Go to the market, and download Dock Nothingness. At that point, you can set your phone to use that app as default for when your car mode, dock mode, etc comes up. Basically, the app does absolutely nothing, which in turn is what you are looking for. Works like a charm!

Reactions: anon(254231)

anon(254231)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Go to the market, and download Dock Nothingness. At that point, you can set your phone to use that app as default for when your car mode, dock mode, etc comes up. Basically, the app does absolutely nothing, which in turn is what you are looking for. Works like a charm!

Wonderful!!! Thank you I was trying to find something like this.

Now when it gets holstered it wakes up but goes back to sleep instead of staying in dock mode.