I'm having problems with Wireless Tether App

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my phone and I was trying to see if how to do my Wireless tethering with my Laptop. It doesn't want to connect to my laptop. Also checked off the wifi option in the pull down menu on the Epic to see if that will work and no go. But it does give upload speed readouts and download readouts. So maybe that part is working. I just don't know what to do with connecting it with my laptop . Can anybody help me?

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you check and change wireless connections? Open these, look for connections, open and try connect. Possibly disconnect from the one running. Then if necessary, click x if showoing problem. Windows 7 will
analyze and fix, possible driver issue, then try to run.

This was no more of a problem for me than connecting to a public connection.

It might also ask you to leave open or set security, your option, and public, private, or home connection.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Im using barnacle for wifi "teathering" so I cannot help with the app itself. But may I ask are you using superuser by chainsdd?

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Did you check and change wireless connections? Open these, look for connections, open and try connect. Possibly disconnect from the one running. Then if necessary, click x if showoing problem. Windows 7 will
analyze and fix, possible driver issue, then try to run.

This was no more of a problem for me than connecting to a public connection.

It might also ask you to leave open or set security, your option, and public, private, or home connection.

I will try this first thing in the morning!!! Because I would like to see what this thing can do!! Peace and God Bless.

thun2002

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
similar problem - please help

when i start wireless tether app i can connect from my laptop, but when i try to connect with my wife's laptop, it can see the ssid, then prompts for pass-phrase but never connects. i have put the laptops side by side and compared settings internet options, firewall, etc... and i am now frustrated and exhausted. what am i missing? any ideas? btw both laptops are running the same os vista.

devildog245

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
problem with wireless teather evo 4 G

Wireless teather was working for several weeks tried it today and could not reach the internet. Laptop sees the teather but will not connect. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61