Compendium of Froyo Themes & Add-Ons | Last Update 2/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjwest

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, My phone can't do anything. Every program FC's. (except my text messaging program which automatically popped up w/ a notification) :-(

Launcher Pro has been on my phone for over a week, no problems.

I figured out exactly what files the .ZIP's were installing and where, then used the ADB command in windows shell to delete them. No positive effect. Guess I mysteriously effed something up?! :-( *sigh*

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would reboot into CWM and reflash the rom to give you a fresh start again. I'm guessing Launcher Pro and the Nexus Microbes aren't playing nice with each other. I did notice on the Market they have a new updated Nexus Microbes live wallpaper out that is now Launcher Pro compatible. The version of Microbes on here is an older version.

bjwest

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I would reboot into CWM and reflash the rom to give you a fresh start again. I'm guessing Launcher Pro and the Nexus Microbes aren't playing nice with each other. I did notice on the Market they have a new updated Nexus Microbes live wallpaper out that is now Launcher Pro compatible. The version of Microbes on here is an older version.

I was going to try and load the default Froyo launcher .APK onto the phone, but the ADB server stopped working (device not found) even though all the settings were right. Even my Handcent SMS program couldn't perform a backup b/c it said it could not read the database.

I have noooo idea what got effed up, but unfortunately, looks like I'm gonna have to re-flash the ROM :-(

The thing that makes me most irritated is that the stuff I was trying to install wasn't even that cool for the hassle I caused myself... :p

sino8r

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

Where is new version of Microbes lwp on the market? I haven't been able to find it... in fact, a search of "microbes" turns up nothing related. Could be kind enough to post the apk or link us to this mysterious new version, please? Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Where is new version of Microbes lwp on the market? I haven't been able to find it... in fact, a search of "microbes" turns up nothing related. Could be kind enough to post the apk or link us to this mysterious new version, please? Thanks!

Search "Nexus live wallpaper" in the Market this will pop up many options. The newest and probably best one is call NexusKang live wallpaper it has the Cyanogen version of it included.

sino8r

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Search "Nexus live wallpaper" in the Market this will pop up many options. The newest and probably best one is call NexusKang live wallpaper it has the Cyanogen version of it included.

You're thinking of new version of Neural network. The multi-colored lasers that go back and forth on carbon fiber-ish back ground. Very Tron like, lol! The old version is probably the most famous lwp ever. That's the one you're thinking of... people just think that is the same but Microbes is multi-colored cells that move around eat stuff and then die. Microbes and Nexus S (aka neural network part 2) both come on the Nexus S rom. People often get them confused for some reason...

Reactions: Paul627g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected... Thank you.. Be nice to see a working version of Microbes in action. I checked out the one over at XDA, still has FC's.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was going to try and load the default Froyo launcher .APK onto the phone, but the ADB server stopped working (device not found) even though all the settings were right. Even my Handcent SMS program couldn't perform a backup b/c it said it could not read the database.

I have noooo idea what got effed up, but unfortunately, looks like I'm gonna have to re-flash the ROM :-(

The thing that makes me most irritated is that the stuff I was trying to install wasn't even that cool for the hassle I caused myself... :p

I think this just happened to me too- when you normally flash something is it supposed to wipe and whack out the phone? I had everything FC, the phone would struggle to get to the homescreen. It said my launcher wouldn't load...I wound up reflashing the rom from SD and all my .zips were intact and I just reloaded my contacts from there.

Would flashing something as simple as the TW calculator, power button reset, and stock gallery really bork the ROM like that?

Guess I'm glad I kept the ROM on the SD!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what happened when you flashed those, but I always keep a file folder on my sd card with all my current roms and themes/addons so I can use them wherever I am.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I do too- I simply added a few more mods and flashed them- and simply flashing them in Clockwork wiped the phone as if I first installed Truly Epic ROM!

So for instance, I SHOULD be able to add the stock web browser and flash the zip from SD and the rest of the phone should be unaffected correct? Then if I don't like that- I SHOULD be able to flash Truly Epic from the SD again, and bring my phone back to Truly Epic stock- then needing to reflash my other mods correct? But my homescreens and google accounts should be unaffected correct?

Instead- all was wiped

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If I follow you correctly, once you flash a ROM it will reset everything so you have to start over again by entering your Google account and going threw the Android Setup Wizard again, etc. Themes and stuff don't cause that, but reflashing the ROM will reset everything.

Only way to return to "stock TER" is if you created a backup of "stock TER" in CWM and restored that backup. It would put everything back in working order as it was when you did the backup.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought the above was true. I'm very happy with TER, but decided to try Midnight since I am running that theme to see the difference. When I flashed, I did not have
to reset everything back, meaning sign in Google, which made it very fast and painless. White I was at it, added the theme and a couple of things.

Phone came back, just like reboot. Everything was in place - hum, now that I think, not sure what obvious changes should be, it does show Midnight on Build Number.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I thought the above was true. I'm very happy with TER, but decided to try Midnight since I am running that theme to see the difference. When I flashed, I did not have
to reset everything back, meaning sign in Google, which made it very fast and painless. White I was at it, added the theme and a couple of things.

Phone came back, just like reboot. Everything was in place - hum, now that I think, not sure what obvious changes should be, it does show Midnight on Build Number.

This is because midNIGHT v3.0 is using some new modifications borrowed from Bonsai. Bonsai's developers Mammon and Randy-T have now made flashing their new version of Bonsai v2.0 to incorporate a new feature that performs a complete backup and restore of your system. NO WIPE is needed to flash the ROMs. It will automatically restore your system apps/settings/data if I understand correctly to the way it was previously when you flash to these new ROMs.

Last edited:

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
One question on AM Launcher which I prefer - is there anyway to get the stand alone with the modified rolodex type to put as add on? I really like this feature, and it would be great to add if another theme was being used.

And while I am at it on the request line, anyway to add a flying windows aspect to any of these? That was cool on one theme I tried, but didn't care for the rest of that program (forget which one, something ending in glass).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
AM Launcher (from TER ROM) is available right here in the the first post of the thread. If you would like midNIGHT's version I will have to pull that one.

Froyo Glass? Is that the one?

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Midnight's Theme, do not like the launchers, so the second download I did was the launcher in first part. I even searched, found another on these threads from December that wasn't cw3, so its working, but not the rolodex modified version that is in TER.

So is that a different version? Is something in my theme overiding it? It doesn't rolodex, so hopefully that makes sense.

And flying windows was in one of them, but didn't like the theme. These are fun to change now that you have explained how easy it is, for a lady, kinda like changing shoes!!;)

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If I follow you correctly, once you flash a ROM it will reset everything so you have to start over again by entering your Google account and going threw the Android Setup Wizard again, etc. Themes and stuff don't cause that, but reflashing the ROM will reset everything.

Only way to return to "stock TER" is if you created a backup of "stock TER" in CWM and restored that backup. It would put everything back in working order as it was when you did the backup.

Thanks for your reply- but the add ons are not ROMS... All I flashed were tweaked apps, touchwiz add on stock calculator and such- the rom remained TER and I did not reflash it... so I'm not sure why it wiped everything else.

If I'm understanding you correctly- reflashing TER will not do anything in my case if I'm already on TER? I thought it'd overwrite only what it contains... so I'd have to wipe, and reflash TER from scratch if I wanted to remove some of the add ons?

Also, the Fascinate I think had the most touchwiz widgets etc- I know those were available for pre froyo epics at one time- can those be made available for use on TER? Still no Daily Briefing, and some of those other "value added" widgets that Samsung was so proud of that were strangely missing from the Epic.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply- but the add ons are not ROMS... All I flashed were tweaked apps, touchwiz add on stock calculator and such- the rom remained TER and I did not reflash it... so I'm not sure why it wiped everything else.

If I'm understanding you correctly- reflashing TER will not do anything in my case if I'm already on TER? I thought it'd overwrite only what it contains... so I'd have to wipe, and reflash TER from scratch if I wanted to remove some of the add ons?

Also, the Fascinate I think had the most touchwiz widgets etc- I know those were available for pre froyo epics at one time- can those be made available for use on TER? Still no Daily Briefing, and some of those other "value added" widgets that Samsung was so proud of that were strangely missing from the Epic.

Sorry your post was a bit tough to follow as to what was happening. Yes I'm aware addons are not ROMs.

Yes in answer to your question about wiping and flashing TER to completely remove any addons/themes in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.